Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
AGF/Delay - Symptoms from Symptoms [Bpitch Control, 2009]

I'm still listening to this one. There's a pretty great website set up for the album if anyone is interested:

SYMPTOMS
Max Richter - 24 Postcards in Full Colour

The second of the "JonG challenge" electronica CDs...

As far as I can make out from the CD notes, this is basically a Modern Classical recording which has been - at times - heavily electronically "processed".

24 brief musical snippets, some of which are reminiscent of Phillip Glass.

Mrs Tiggi preferred this to the Ezekiel Honig disc, & I liked it !!
I'm glad you liked it. If I remember correctly Mr. Richter conceived the tracks as ringtones.

Blevin Blectum - Mine from Gular Flutter [Aagoo, 2008]
JonG Wrote:I'm glad you liked it. If I remember correctly Mr. Richter conceived the tracks as ringtones.

I've read this somewhere, Jon.

Although anyone using this sort of stuff as actual ringtones would certainly get some odd looks...

A lot of the tracks mention worldwide place-names, but I don't know if this means they were written in the different locations.
Dreadzone - Biological Radio

Dub Reggae / Dance hybrid, which is mostly synthetic, hence its' appearance here.
Sideshow - Bottletop Dub from Admit One [Aus Music, 2009]
Quote:There's a distinctly old-school Jamaican vibe to everything here, accentuated by the tight live instrumentation by Greenall and crew, but with enough individualized modern touches to keep things from getting samey.
Resident Advisor
Emanuele Errante - Humi from Humus [Somnia, 2008]
Heiko Voss - Think About You (DJ Koze Remix) from Reicarnations (The Remix Chapter 2001-2009) [Get Physical Music, 2009]
Muslimgauze - Dharam Hinduja
Robert Rich - Liquid Air

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD