Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Top 5 Rock Bands of All-Time
#31
I love that he mentioned Days of The New. I've seen quite a bit of people name them (Obviously not a universally accepted idea), but, I always thought Tantric was significantly better than DOTN. DOTN breaking up is one of my favorite things to happen in music history.

As far as top 5 rock bands, its tough because there's so many great bands. So many who weren't around long enough (The original QMS/Happy Trails lineup of Quicksilver Messenger Service or Derek and the Dominoes), bands that were just hitting their stride in terms of studio releases before some issues arose (At Fillmore East/Eat A Peach circa Allman's and Jimi Hendrix. I love his first 2 albums, but I always thought he was better live. Electric Ladyland/Band of Gypsy's/First Rays sound like he was really getting to the point where he was composing incredible music instead of just ripping shit up live.). I guess in terms of rock I'd have to say Pink Floyd at #1 and then whoever. So many great rock bands.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Aerosmith & Yungblud - One More Time (ep) Music Head 0 461 05-12-2025, 12:26
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Roger Waters - "time" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,469 02-09-2023, 05:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Lucinda Williams - Stories From A Rock N Roll Heart Music Head 0 921 17-07-2023, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & The English Rock Ensemble ~ A Gallery of the Imagination Ruby 9 3,317 26-03-2023, 13:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Pink Floyd's Time Reditus 1 2,130 04-01-2023, 10:39
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Donovan & David Gilmour - Rock Me Ruby 1 1,094 15-12-2022, 10:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  funny time ~ AustinAbelFrank 3 2,128 31-07-2022, 05:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kid Rock - "bad attitude" CRAZY-HORSE 0 859 23-03-2022, 12:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEWSINGLE: Kid Rock - dont tell me how to live. CRAZY-HORSE 0 758 24-11-2021, 13:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: JOE BONAMASSA ~ Time Clocks Ruby 2 1,466 02-11-2021, 07:55
Last Post: JeromeD

Forum Jump: