Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How you
#1
Greetings, my fellow music lovers!

As my music folder grows so too does my concern that I can hardly navigate through it and keep my sanity at the same time. I categorize my music in folders based on genre, however I am getting tired of shortcuts to songs all over the place when a song is not "just X".

That is why I am interested in how you manage your music folder(s). Do you categorize by genre, artist, etc, do you add tags to your .mp3s (and if so with what software) or do you like it all in one place?
Not all who wander are lost.
Reply
#2
I use hardware
pencil and paper

Reply
#3
i dont organise my music...

1. i have listed all my albums in a book alphabetically for easy viewing at any time

2. physically, my albums are in random piles and i pick the top one off the pile each day to play...easy as that otherwise some would probably not get played much and others would get a spin monthly...more democratic this way!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:i dont organise my music...

1. i have listed all my albums in a book alphabetically for easy viewing at any time

2. physically, my albums are in random piles and i pick the top one off the pile each day to play...easy as that otherwise some would probably not get played much and others would get a spin monthly...more democratic this way!

Interesting. Many of my friends store their music (albeit digital music via iTunes) in an alphabetic manner.

In your case - wouldn't keeping your albums in random piles make it harder if/when you wish to listen to a specific album though?
Not all who wander are lost.
Reply
#5
I organize them by artists. I find it easier.
Event Production | Event Planning | Cool creative events by Wonderland.
Reply


Forum Jump: