Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
^^
never heard about that
did you see the movie?

no, never seen the movie...im too young LMAO!
from wikkipedia:

The Family Way is a 1966 British comedy-drama film based on Bill Naughton's play All in Good Time (1963). It began life in 1961 as a television play entitled Honeymoon Postponed.[SUP][2][/SUP] The film was produced and directed by John and Roy Boulting, respectively, and starred father and daughter John Mills and Hayley Mills. Naughton adapted the play himself.

PLOT:

Following the wedding of young Jenny Piper and Arthur Fitton (Hayley Mills and Hywel Bennett), a rowdy reception is held at a local pub where the newlyweds are subjected to much well-meaning but vulgar ribaldry.
The couple returns to the Fitton home to spend their first night together before leaving for a honeymoon in Majorca, but they are followed by some of the wedding guests who keep the party going until early morning. Worse yet, when the youngsters finally are permitted to retire, their bed collapses as the result of a practical joke.
The next day they discover that the travel agent who sold them their tickets to Majorca has absconded with the money, and they are stranded in rainy England.
As days pass into weeks at the crowded Fitton home, the marriage remains unconsummated. The strain between the couple steadily worsens, with Arthur working nights as a cinema projectionist and Jenny spending her days behind a record counter. Not knowing where to turn, Arthur visits a marriage counsellor, but even this has a disastrous effect. The interview is overheard by a gossipy charwoman, and the young couple's unfulfilled marriage becomes a major topic of public gossip.
Arthur becomes the butt of scornful jokes from his boss, Mr. Thompson, who volunteers to satisfy Jenny's marital needs. Enraged, Arthur strikes his boss and returns home to berate Jenny for disclosing their secret. As a result of the quarrel, their mutual inhibitions are dispelled, and they make love for the first time. They then find that the A.B.T.A. bond has returned their holiday money.
The following day Arthur is encouraged by his mother to ask his father (though there is a strong hint that Arthur was in fact sired by a close friend of the man he takes for his father) for financial assistance with the down payment on a house for him and Jenny. The money is gladly granted, and Jenny and Arthur leave for a belated honeymoon.

CAST:

Hayley Mills as Jenny Piper Fitton
Hywel Bennett as Arthur Fitton
John Mills as Ezra Fitton
Marjorie Rhodes as Lucy Fitton
Avril Angers as Liz Piper
John Comer as Leslie Piper
Barry Foster as Joe Thompson
Wilfred Pickles as Uncle Fred
Liz Fraser as Molly Thompson
Diana Coupland as Mrs. Rose
Colin Gordon as Mr. Hutton
Murray Head as Geoffrey Fitton
Margaret Lacey as Mrs. Harris
Harry Locke as Mr. Stubbs
Robin Parkinson as Mr. Phillips
Thorley Walters as The Vicar
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

You amaze me , Crazy Horse! I'll have to check this music out!...thanks!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:[Image: 51C50hNMaXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

PAUL McCARTNEY "the family way" cd,1966.

whole John Lennon was away working on his "how the war was won" movie, Macca approached George Martin and asked if it was possible for him to write a theme song for a movie...
GM enquired with a few people he knew and Macca got given the chance to work on "the family way"...
because he cannot read or write music he played all the pieces on this albumon acoustic guitar to GM who then wrote them down and transcribed for classical instruments...
the result here is fourteen tracks for the movie of the same name above...
two of these tracks, "love in the open air" and "theme from the family way" were released as singles in the UK under the name "the tudor minstrels", i cannot find anything anywhere to say whether they charted or not, but they probably did on some 'classical' chart somewhere...
anyway, these little pieces of music arent too bad IMO, as they are each only a couple of minutes long...just short enough for my to hold my interest LOL!...
mostly this does sound classical but there are a couple of tracks with distinct jazzy overtones, all nice subtle pieces of work IMO, and shows just how Macca's craft and mind was developing at such a young age...
also, inbetween doing these tracks tracks The Beatles were also recording "strawberry fields Forever"..two totally different styles of music..
i am not rating this one as i simply do not know how to rate classical music really, only to say that if i did this would probably come close to a pass mark...so 1.6 it is!

from the album:

love in the open air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvkyFXDPnA audio

theme from the family way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d84w9x0FNgo audio
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
[Image: 51fQqaRB2wL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

MARIO LANZA "volume II:1949-1951,the great lanza" cd,2003

i won this one on a radio contest a year or so ago...cant remember the question i needed to answer correctly in order to be the winner, but i was!
i did know of Mario previous to this, mainly his racing career in "mario kart" on nintendo64...LOL,
no seriously, my dad used to have a Mario vinyl album from back in the day, heard it a few times, did nothing to turn my ear or attention, probably because i couldnt understand a bloody word he was singing...
anyway, im assuming that by the title of this one that it is some sort of compilation from the 49-51 period...
i like the melodies and tunes,however, i still cannot understand a bloody word he is singing, and for that alone i do not like it...
look, not bad for background music, not really my thing but this guy was a superstar back in the day, so cannot really knock him i guess...
i did not score this one, because i couldnt and wouldnt know where to start with it, so below are a couple of links of tracks contained within this twenty-three track set.

o sole mio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow16u4SuwDY from a movie he appeared in
the loveliest night of the year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VeiwX5wVtw one of the handful of tracks he sings in english on the album
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

^^
I've heard of this guy
and my dad used to sing that O Sole Mio song
never knew where it came from
now I do
thanks

[Image: 220px-LiverpoolOratorioCover.jpg]

PAUL McCARTNEY & CARL DAVIS "liverpool oratorio" cd, 1991.

Macca's first sojurn into classical territory since "the family way" in the mid 1960s...
album came about when the Royal Liverpool Philhamonic Orchestra commissioned him to compose a piece of work to celebrate their 150th anniversary in 1991...
both Macca and Davis just kept on composing and created a complete work...
the vocals on here are performed by a choir from liverpool,
the whloe movement is split up into eight parts...war,school,crypt,father,wedding,work,crisis and peace....each of those parts are again split into several parts each...
the story is autobiographical of Macca's life up until that point apparently...
apart from some very quiet and almost inaudible musical segments this isnt too bad an album...but i wouldnt say i either like or dislike it, its just what it is...
the classical music critics at the time crucified this piece of work for its simplicity and lackof depth, maybe thse guys are right, i dont know, but knowing McCartney's music like i do they are probably right because he has never written anything that isnt simplistic, and rarely achieves anything that ventures into 'thinking man's' territory(not that theres a problem with that, thats just the way he rolls!)

that sounds wacky
so the conversation had to go like this

Spokesperson for the orchestra - "Sir Paul, Royal Liverpool Philhamonic Orchestra would like to commission you to compose a piece of work to celebrate our 150th anniversary."

Paul - "Of course mate. Let me present you with piece I wrote about ME."

LMAO!!!!!

never thought aboutit like that, but i guess thats what it came down to!!!...afterall, i think Macca does believe he is the greatest...but he's not, Ali is!

A different David but they love him just the same. This is one of his most popular songs!! [video=youtube;9FgG2gagXoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FgG2gagXoc[/video]
Nessun Dorma is one of the greatest songs ever written IMHO ! And David's performance gives me goose bumps !!!!!
rebelgirl Wrote:A different David but they love him just the same. This is one of his most popular songs!! [video=youtube;9FgG2gagXoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FgG2gagXoc[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!