Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Band Names
#1
So I've been musing lately over this one lovely topic: Band Names. Where do some of these groups come up with some of these names. Take for instance Psychedelic Horseshit or Texas Hippie Coalition. Know any other completely off the wall band names and/or how they came with it.
Reply
#2
rocknrollchick Wrote:Psychedelic Horseshit

Awesome band.

rocknrollchick Wrote:Know any other completely off the wall band names

of course.

Excrementory Grindfuckers, Bathtub Shitter, Cock And Ball Torture, Jet Jaguar Kr-3 Kill Spree, Violent Onsen Geisha ...
Reply
#3
Whoa, those are most definitely some weird names. Know how they came up with them by any chance???
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]-[COLOR="Teal"]keep it heavy

Rock N' Roll Chick[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
:rockon:
Reply
#4
bathtub shitter??? :confused:

Man I have gotta listen to this. Going to google/youtube right now.
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#5
Don't like the band, but Cradle of Filth always appealed to me...
Reply
#6
rocknrollchick Wrote:Know how they came up with them by any chance???

I dunno. But I got another one: Virgin Mega Whore. Do I have to explaint it?

ambernector Wrote:bathtub shitter??? :confused:

Man I have gotta listen to this. Going to google/youtube right now.

Yeah, terrific grindcore stuff.
Reply
#7
Grindcore bands do always have interesting names. I don't listen to much of the stuff, though... Only have a Discordance Axis and Napalm Death album... Need to listen to more of it. It's pretty interesting stuff if you can stomach it.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#8
DA is top-notch grindcore. Check out GridLink or NOISM (PM if you need some grind stuff).
Reply
#9
I thought that Chocolate Starfish was a good band name - then I found out that it was the name of an Australian rock band and part of the name of a Limp Bizkit album :frown:
Reply
#10
Also, if you're interested i know how Velvet Revolver came up with their name.

Slash went to see a movie and one of the companies which helped fund/produce it, whatever, was Revolution Studios or something like that. Slash liked the sound of revolution, and from it got the word revolver. He told the rest of the yet-unnamed band about his creation and Scott Weiland volunteered the name Black Velvet Revolver instead. Someone else volunteered to shorten it to simply Velvet Revolver - and Velvet Revolver was born! :biggrin:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Tedeschi Trucks Band - Future Soul Music Head 1 635 05-04-2026, 15:37
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW SONG: Zac Brown Band - Out In The Middle Music Head 0 1,175 08-10-2022, 11:13
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: TEDESCHI TRUCKS BAND ~ I Am The Moon: II. Ascension Ruby 4 1,966 26-08-2022, 13:10
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW SONG: Rhiannon Giddens - Don't Call Me Names Ruby 0 551 04-09-2020, 14:52
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW SINGLE: Cold Chisel "getting the band back together" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,207 11-11-2019, 08:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Atomic Rooster another great prog band Mrrusty1 3 2,358 05-05-2019, 14:14
Last Post: The Deacon
  NEW ALBUM: Tedeschi Trucks Band - Signs Music Head 2 1,684 04-03-2019, 05:42
Last Post: SteveO
  NEW SINGLE: Billy Walton Band "hell or high water" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,371 12-01-2018, 08:42
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - Lay It On Down Music Head 3 2,126 22-08-2017, 03:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Ian Hunter &The Rant Band "fingers crossed" CRAZY-HORSE 3 2,283 24-09-2016, 11:59
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: