Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
to me In rock machine head and fireball are the best of deep purple
Music Head Wrote:agreed
most artists tap out after around 5 albums I think
there are numerous exceptions of course
but I don't think Purple is one
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Mrrusty1 Wrote:to me In rock machine head and fireball are the best of deep purple
I was raised on Made in Japan, Fireball & Who Do We Think We Are.
Here's a clip of them in fantastic form - my personal favourite
http://youtu.be/1MZ_gc2eITk
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
yeah I suppose one band that got consistently better with every album had to be the Beatles
Music Head Wrote:agreed
most artists tap out after around 5 albums I think
there are numerous exceptions of course
but I don't think Purple is one
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
For me it has to be the phenomenal Made in Japan live vinyl for Deep Purple !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
made in Europe was very good as well although that featured the David Coverdale Glenn Hughes lineup
SteveO Wrote:For me it has to be the phenomenal Made in Japan live vinyl for Deep Purple !
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Oh I agree - Made in Europe was stunning. Both Lord and Paice play really brilliantly on that album.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Only one I never got to hear was 'Last Concert in Japan'
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
And on a slightly different note, Rainbow's 'On Stage' is one of my favourite live rock albums of all time. Blackmore's guitar work on this is far superior to anything he did with DP.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
yes Richie Blackmore is one of my favourite guitarists although mmy very favourite has to be Hendrix
Jerome Wrote:And on a slightly different note, Rainbow's 'On Stage' is one of my favourite live rock albums of all time. Blackmore's guitar work on this is far superior to anything he did with DP.
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2013
i listened to it once only