Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hey guys!
#1
New here, but you probably figured already.

Hm, well I'm a pretty big music person. I have a relatively broad taste in music, although I tend to stick towards older rock. 70s heavy metal and 80s trash, 70s rock more specifically. In reality, though, I just want to listen to great guitar playing and at the very least mediocre vocals. I can't stand what you hear in modern metal, or screamo with the grunting or pitched screams. My opinion, though! :biggrin1:

Favorites across the board would have to be Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Megadeth, some Metallica (a lot of their slower stuff, in particular), and Joe Satriani. Definitely getting into more music!

I have somewhat serious issues with modern music. Maybe I'm just a bit cynical, but with the way mainstream music is going, I don't think there's much I like.

I feel like I made that lengthy. So this is my first post, and I guess I'm glad to be on this site! :laugh:
Reply
#2
Hi Markyyy, & welcome to Music Discussion.

Don't apologise for a lengthy intro, the more we know about you the better...

I'd have to disagree that there's no decent music around these days, but you've qualified your statement & you're probably right that there's not so much of that type of music around now.

Still, as I'm constantly finding, there's plenty of that type of stuff to explore from Rock's rich legacy.

Hope you enjoy it here, and I look forward to getting to know you.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi guys athoszet 3 1,513 04-09-2021, 06:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Hey guys, I'm G DaReLux Baseballbatrap 6 2,908 15-03-2017, 17:24
Last Post: Baseballbatrap
  Hullo guys (& gals) No good hobo 2 1,919 05-02-2017, 14:31
Last Post: No good hobo
  Hi guys! luis131 10 3,710 07-01-2017, 18:51
Last Post: luis131
  Hello guys! Neeo 0 1,146 08-07-2016, 15:12
Last Post: Neeo
  howdy guys Pink Floyd Fan 1999 6 3,074 08-07-2016, 11:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  hey guys David Cronin 4 2,610 01-06-2016, 07:30
Last Post: bob_32_116
  ay guys im qualms Querétaro P Barón 3 2,398 29-04-2016, 07:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What's up guys! I have something to share. Chrt Pao 0 1,212 04-04-2016, 19:05
Last Post: Chrt Pao
  What do you guys say? FloBarley 1 1,453 15-03-2016, 13:17
Last Post: TheWildYouth

Forum Jump: