Posts: 11
Threads: 3
Joined: Mar 2009
I wish all my music could be encoded in .flac but that's only a dream and most devices wont support that format.
Typically I listen to everything on my laptop, cds in the car and use my iPod walking around the city or snowboarding.
Posts: 20
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2009
A nice little 8 gig Creative Zen V. I'd love to move on to a Zen or the new X-Fi Zen, mostly because of the battery life. They're cheaper than iPods, and I personally like their appearance much more.
As for files, I generally stick to 320 kb/s .mp3's, .flac's, or the occasional WMA. :biggrin:
Just got my new iPod classic 120gb and I gotta say: Totally awesome!
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
Iota Wrote:Just got my new iPod classic 120gb and I gotta say: Totally awesome!
Bugger me, do they store that much now? My ipod nano is only 2 years old storing 6gb, and that was state of the art then.
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Time is fleeting, my friend.
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2009
this is a bit out of touch with the subject
I like to go to youtube and get a url then go to savevid and then save the video. I then go home and resave the video on my prism converter to that I can listen to it on my ipod as a song and not a video. What I need to know is how do I get the watery sound out of the highhats and cymbals. Other than that the guitar and voice is great. It's just the highs that seem to weed together. Anyone got a clue how to fix?
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Buy the album.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 16
Threads: 0
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
(05-05-2009, 01:58)RomanKorvinus Wrote: this is a bit out of touch with the subject
I like to go to youtube and get a url then go to savevid and then save the video. I then go home and resave the video on my prism converter to that I can listen to it on my ipod as a song and not a video. What I need to know is how do I get the watery sound out of the highhats and cymbals. Other than that the guitar and voice is great. It's just the highs that seem to weed together. Anyone got a clue how to fix?
That's a classic example of a lousy sample rate - Iota spoke about digital slices of an analogue sound being inferior to the original sound. That 'watery' sound on the cymbals is a dead giveaway that the sample rate conversion is lousy. Chances are the program you are using to convert the original is only doing half the job.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
50 plus years ago...I got my first vinyl system....boy was it simple but, I loved it.....throughout the years I have gone on and developed a really nice system which has vinyl at the centre and sounds wonderful........incorporated into it are CD players.....a SACD player.......Blu-ray video and HD TV .......add ipod and several great cassette machines and I feel I am well equipped for listening to music in a serious way ..................
However, to this day I still love a good old vinyl album!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )