Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
808 State - 90

Very long in the tooth now, but still has its' spine-tingling moments...
Tiggi Wrote:808 State - 90

I had forgotten all about 808 State!

Minisystem - Cheddar from Madingley [Noise Factory Records, 2006]
Max Cavalerra - Impact from The Bigger, The Bettter E.P. [Broque, 2009]
Take me away - by AI Storm & Euphony featuring Vicky Fee
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
Lawrence - Jill from Jill 12" [Mule Electronic, 2009]

New one from one of my favorites!
Boards of Canada - Rue the Whirl
Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas - Rothaus from II [Eskimo, 2009]
Quote:Scandinavian disco kings Hans-Peter Lindstrøm and Prins Thomas are set to release the follow up to their widely acclaimed eponymous debut this year.

The duo have had quite a journey since the release of their debut three years ago, with Thomas completing countless remixes and seeing his Full Pupp stable go from strength to strength, whilst Lindstrøm went on to release his solo cosmic disco opus, Where I Go You Go Too. Both of them have been busy in the studio together during their time back in Oslo, and the fruits of their labour are now finally ready for release.

Whilst Lindstrøm has always been one for using live instrumentation in the studio, Thomas' gradual shift into using more and more live elements in his solo work has meant that their second collaborative album, entitled II, has a much looser, organic feel than the first record. The original intent stands, however, as they merge their italo, Krautrock and disco influences into a lush singular whole, imbuing them with their characteristically warm production sheen. Released just in time for summer, it looks as if the Nordic duo are looking to compete for part of your personal sunshine soundtrack this year.
- Resident Advisor
Cry for you - September (house mix)
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
Quantec - Life Has Changed from Subliminal State EP [Echocord, 2009]

Quantec continues to deliver the goods. Fantastic low-end dub techno.
Fennesz - Endless Summer

Recommended to me several years ago by JonG. At the time, I didn't particularly like this, but vowed to return to it. Now I've reassessed, and decided the time was right.

Heavily processed & looped guitar & keys, with fragments of melody submerged beneath slabs of sound.

This is more like audio sculpture than music: Listening is like examining a thing of beauty from different perspectives.

Reminds me of a laid-back version of My Bloody Valentine's distorted symphonies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD