Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Music
#1
Hello everybody. I haven't posted on here in quite awhile. Well I am desperately seeking all kinds of new music so I am posting a thread in each genre asking for your recommendations! I know a little about jazz but I am looking for your finest recommendations from all the genres in this forum. Thank You!
Sometimes I lay under the moon and thank God I'm breathing.
And I pray "Don't take me soon "cause I am here for a reason"
Sometimes in my tears drown but I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds, I know someday, it'll all turn around.


"One Day" by Matisyahu from the album Light
Reply
#2
old classic artists like:

Bobby Darin
Dean Martin
Perry Como

might be worth a try as easy listening 'crooners'

as for soft rock maybe try Steely Dan(very underrated and under appreciated band predominantly from the 1970s
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:old classic artists like:

Bobby Darin
Dean Martin
Perry Como

might be worth a try as easy listening 'crooners'

as for soft rock maybe try Steely Dan(very underrated and under appreciated band predominantly from the 1970s


Those are great starts thank you! I agree Steely Dan is super underrated!
Sometimes I lay under the moon and thank God I'm breathing.
And I pray "Don't take me soon "cause I am here for a reason"
Sometimes in my tears drown but I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds, I know someday, it'll all turn around.


"One Day" by Matisyahu from the album Light
Reply
#4
Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Modern Jazz Quartet, Pat Metheny and John Coltrane are some of my jazz faves. Some more recent artists include; Esperanza Spaulding and Robert Glasper.
Reply
#5
Jazz - Dave Weckl, Yellowjackets, Steps Ahead, Manteca, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Shuffle Demons

Soft Rock - No-Man, Leiahdorus
Reply
#6
soft rock - Cowboy Junkies, Leonard Cohen

Jazz - avant garde/free jazz - Ornette Coleman, Jan Garbarek, Sun Ra, Don Cherry, Archie Shepp, Alice Coltrane (John's wife)

Mainstream modern jazz ...Brad Mehldau, Charles Lloyd, Keith Jarrett, Wynton and Branford Marsalis
Ravi Coltrane ( John's son )


Jazz singers ...Cassandra Wilson. Holy Cole, Michael Buble
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#7
What is your favorite music playing tools on your computer?
Reply
#8
Welcome aboard MD, Fred !...I don't understand your introduction nevertheless what music do you like ?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#9
fredfighter Wrote:What is your favorite music playing tools on your computer?
youtube
...

Reply
#10
you want recommendations for every genre?

power pop-Teenage Fanclub and Jellyfish
classical- Arvo Part and Einojuhani Rautavaara
jazz- Robert Glasper and Oregon
gospel- The Blind Boys of Alabama and The Soul Stirrers
alt. country- The Jayhawks and the Old '97s
zydeco - Clifton Chenier and Buckwheat Zydeco
rock - Pavement and Eels
old-timey/string-band-The Carolina Chocolate Drops

well, it's not every genre, but it's a few. It would help to know what you like already.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: RAYE - This Music May Contain Hope Music Head 0 595 10-04-2026, 12:30
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Joe Jonas - Music For People Who Believe In Love Music Head 0 1,695 04-06-2025, 12:05
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Cliff Richard - music: the air that i breathe CRAZY-HORSE 0 894 02-11-2020, 04:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Calm, soft and spiritual music made buy handmade instruments only not modern new age! Bubo bubo 0 1,362 18-11-2016, 17:11
Last Post: Bubo bubo
  Deuter Music Is Healthy Medicine And Simply Makes You Feel Better Eugena 0 1,313 19-10-2016, 10:18
Last Post: Eugena
  Pick A Pack Of Dan Chadburn Music And Prepare To Feel Something Eugena 0 1,291 19-10-2016, 10:14
Last Post: Eugena
  Amazing soul artist perfect music video Nina !!!! Nina Tolins LillySam 1 1,702 29-06-2016, 09:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Whats this music genre? _hank_ 0 1,541 21-04-2016, 12:48
Last Post: _hank_
  New Age Music Pioneer Uma Silbey Releases Her 17th Recording Eugena 0 1,381 13-04-2016, 22:34
Last Post: Eugena
  New Deuter Album Is Perfect New Age Music Eugena 0 1,525 14-10-2015, 16:26
Last Post: Eugena

Forum Jump: