Posts: 75
Threads: 7
Joined: Jun 2013
He'll have to retire sooner or later because his tweeny audience is getting older and the newer ones don't care about him anymore. They want someone more their age. Will he come back and try to appeal to an older group? In all likelihood, yes, but he'll have to disappear for a time. Will it work? I doubt it. Miley Cyrus did it but she did it by turning to sexual themes because girls can do that. Guys really can't. He could do a Donny Osmond kind of thing maybe. But he is reaching that age where he has to retire the tweeny star routine. Hopefully, it's the last we'll see of him but i expect him to try and reinvent himself. God, I can hardly wait.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
27-12-2013, 06:19
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2013, 07:58 by Jerome.)
Personally, I think it's a ploy to get all the teenyboppers to feel sorry for him and go out and buy more albums (do kids even do that anymore?)
Just had a look at his FB page - 61 million people on it. The mind boggles.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
NO, kids dont buy albums Jerome....
all the ones i know download songs from itunes...then when theyre sick of the songs they delete them and buy the next "in thing" on digital download!
why do they do that?....
because they are part of a "throw-away" generation!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Lord Larehip Wrote:He'll have to retire sooner or later because his tweeny audience is getting older and the newer ones don't care about him anymore. They want someone more their age. Will he come back and try to appeal to an older group? In all likelihood, yes, but he'll have to disappear for a time. Will it work? I doubt it. Miley Cyrus did it but she did it by turning to sexual themes because girls can do that. Guys really can't. He could do a Donny Osmond kind of thing maybe. But he is reaching that age where he has to retire the tweeny star routine. Hopefully, it's the last we'll see of him but i expect him to try and reinvent himself. God, I can hardly wait.
everyone thought the same thing about Hanson when they started, but they successfully reinvented themselves and matured into fairly good artists.
actually, Bieber does have talent, i saw him perform acoustically(just him and his guitar) a while ago, he wasnt dreadful by any means, but no, as he is right now, i wouldnt give him the time of day...and with all the trouble he got in recently here in Australia im surprised if he'll ever sell another album here!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 75
Threads: 7
Joined: Jun 2013
I haven't hear a thing about Hansom in years and I hope it stays that way. I expect Bieber might disappear for a bit and then come back sporting a beard or something trying to look all grown up and still singing in that girly voice. At any rate, something is going to happen.
As for kids downloading songs from itunes and what not, yeah, that's what they do now. Maybe not all of them. I actually saw some kids buying vinyl last week!! But they weren't tweeny girls either. I really miss the days of shopping for vinyl. I don't know how anyone gets any joy downloading.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
The greatest days were those spending money I could ill afford in vinyl record shops - a world of discovery - and those gatefold sleeves were just awesome. Shopping was an adventure as opposed to a desk job. Or dare I say it - a handjob! (iPad)
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Right on Jerome!!!!!
Jerome Wrote:The greatest days were those spending money I could ill afford in vinyl record shops - a world of discovery - and those gatefold sleeves were just awesome. Shopping was an adventure as opposed to a desk job. Or dare I say it - a handjob! (iPad)
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 75
Threads: 7
Joined: Jun 2013
I worked some dead-end factory job as a teen but it gave me enough money to shop for records every week. I was on a first name basis with every record store owner and manager in Southeast Michigan. Any place that had a decent import bin, I shopped at regularly and raided those bins, boy! I singlehandedly kept those bins stocked because to keep me coming back, they had to keep those bins full and they did. Most of my albums were imports from Europe or Japan. I had Beatle albums on Parlophone. All my Kraftwerk albums were sung in German. The English language versions sound alien to me. I bought all kinds of stuff, much of which you can't even find anymore from early jazz to early electronic avant-gard to American Indian chants. And the covers were beautiful because you had all that room to work with. With CDs you can barely make out the detail. And the lyrics sheets in CDs are unreadable without a magnifying glass. And vinyl albums would slip posters and stuff inside the sleeves and, yes, the foldout albums were the best.
Kids today don't know what they've missed or they wouldn't waste two seconds downloading files. It's a damned, dirty shame is what it is.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Nice story Lord! I also would pick up loads of albums from all genres! The best place to grab jazz albums was in the delete bin! They would cut out the top right corner of the album cover to show it was deleted. I was an avid reader of the jazz bible Downbeat magazine so I knew the treasures I was scooping up in the garbage bin!!!...ha ha ! Especially when I found an ECM label album!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
man you guys are bringing back the memories
those were the days
can't say it was a dead end job as it was a stepping stone in my career
got paid by the week and I was off to the record store after the check was cashed
actually had disposable income back then as marriage was yet to happen
I would pick up 4 or 5 albums every week and was immersed for the weekend