Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lip-syncing and other fakery
#21
Music Head Wrote:man you guys are bringing back the memories
those were the days
can't say it was a dead end job as it was a stepping stone in my career
got paid by the week and I was off to the record store after the check was cashed
actually had disposable income back then as marriage was yet to happen
I would pick up 4 or 5 albums every week and was immersed for the weekend

Sounds exactly like what I used to do. 'Immersed' is the right word. The outside world did not exist once I had a new piece of vinyl on the turntable.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#22
It all comes down to this: We expect perfection and the original source's (CD, streaming, whatever) performance every time. The only way to ensure this is..."fakery". We and the artists are victims of technology's success and our own elevated expectations. Don't expect so much and you just might get a real, sometimes thrilling, performance.
Reply


Forum Jump: