Poll: Your Favourite Musical Genre?
This poll is closed.
Rock & Metal
44.44%
12 44.44%
Rap & Hip-Hop
3.70%
1 3.70%
Pop
3.70%
1 3.70%
Punk
3.70%
1 3.70%
Jazz & Blues
11.11%
3 11.11%
Classical
3.70%
1 3.70%
Electronica
11.11%
3 11.11%
Soul & Funk
0%
0 0%
Country & Folk
11.11%
3 11.11%
World Music & Other
7.41%
2 7.41%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Battle of the music genres
#21
Sometime all it takes is for a forceful, respected person showing you a different way...But I'll bet more than one person has found something else they liked by hitting the wrong button on a radio and saying, "Hey!"
BTW, it's no surprise that rock/metal scored so high, given the demographics here. Then again, with so few votes...
Reply
#22
Yup...no avant garde jazz...ala Coleman. Ayler and Taylor...lolConfusedmile:
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#23
Mine would Definitely be Country!!!! I like other kinds of music but I like Country better
Reply
#24
Myfriendtiny Wrote:Mine would Definitely be Country!!!! I like other kinds of music but I like Country better

Who all do you like in Country?
Reply
#25
I like them all, truly. Blues, Metal, Country, Rap.

But I chose 'electronica' because (while there is a lot of fluff) it samples and incorporates all those other sounds.
When it's at it's best. Luke Vibert does steel guitar / Hawaiian. Igorrr does Baroque / Metal / Bluegrass.. all in one song.

Etc.
So, chalk me up, if I had to choose....Smile
Fun question. To think about.
Reply
#26
rebelgirl Wrote:Who all do you like in Country?

not sure whether this question was for the one you replied to rebel or for anyone on the site...
but here goes with a few that role off the brain pretty quick....

Loretta Lynne
Johnny Cash
Kris Kristofferson
Merle Haggard
Willie Nelson(i always think of him as a blues/jazz guy but the experts call him country!)
Kasey Chambers
Slim Dusty
Jim Reeves(some call him country others call him a 'crooner')
Elvis Presley(released more country tracks than anything else in his career)
Alan Jackson
Kenny Rogers(early material pre mid 1980s)
Dolly Parton (pre 1980s)
Skeeter Davis
Taylor Swift(i dont call her country but again,the experts do!)
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#27
rebelgirl Wrote:Who all do you like in Country?

Depends ...... You mean artists???? If that is what you mean I have a long list..... here is a few.

George Strait(Of Course :nodSmile
Aarron Watson
Luke Bryan,
Keith Urban
Eric Church
and a ton more!!!!!!
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
Reply
#28
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:not sure whether this question was for the one you replied to rebel or for anyone on the site...
but here goes with a few that role off the brain pretty quick....

Loretta Lynne
Johnny Cash
Kris Kristofferson
Merle Haggard
Willie Nelson(i always think of him as a blues/jazz guy but the experts call him country!)
Kasey Chambers
Slim Dusty
Jim Reeves(some call him country others call him a 'crooner')
Elvis Presley(released more country tracks than anything else in his career)
Alan Jackson
Kenny Rogers(early material pre mid 1980s)
Dolly Parton (pre 1980s)
Skeeter Davis
Taylor Swift(i dont call her country but again,the experts do!)
I was replying to Myfriendtiny personally but that's fine. I like some of your favorites!!
Reply
#29
What kind of music do you like Rebelgirl?
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
Reply
#30
Myfriendtiny Wrote:What kind of music do you like Rebelgirl?
I like all kinds of music but my favorite is Gospel. My second is Country. I also like Rock, Soul, Pop, and Disco. I just love music!! Confusedmile:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,669 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,440 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,967 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,799 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,681 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,217 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,706 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: