Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Floater!
#1
Ok you old members knew it was coming soon or later so bear me with so i can reach out to the new members and maybe some old members also. With that said check out floater

Floater, from Portland, Oregon, has received two preliminary Grammy nominations, toured the USA and Canada, and recently released their most critically acclaimed record to date, "Stone By Stone."
With intense and unforgettable live performances, Floater continues to sell out some of the largest concert halls across the west. Both electric and acoustic performances have swollen their concert attendance over the past several years.



Their sound includes elements of rock, psychedelia, reggae, pop and even jazz and is wholly original.
They have been described in the press as "The nearest American thing to perfection" and "One of the greatest power trios in modern music." Their fan base has grown over the years to a fever pitch and Floater fans are legendary for their dedication.
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

Reply
#2
i REALLY want some Floater, Glyph especially. im a deadbeat, so i acquire music through specific mediums, and i cant find it that way so far... so far bad luck.
Reply
#3
Floater is my kind of band. My fab album has to be Burning Sosobra.
MANIC MINER Confusedtraightface:
Reply
#4
manicminer Wrote:Floater is my kind of band. My fab album has to be Burning Sosobra.

I agree Floater is a great band, but i can not pin point one album as my favorite because every one has there differences which make them very unique
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

Reply
#5
I also like the tracks from Burning Sosobra. Based on TheKnowingDirge's recommendation from some years ago now, I went ahead and brought this album. :wink:
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#6
Please, where should I start then? Anyone can give me some directions?
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page
Reply
#7
well Floater.com - The Official Website has some song you can listen to, to see if you like them. Then if you would like to buy an album CDbaby.com has them for $13 I would suggest getting Burning Sosobra or Alter to start
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

Reply
#8
Also you can listen to Floater on lastfm.com
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

Reply


Forum Jump: