Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone have an ocarina?
#1
Hi, I was just wondering whether any of you guys have an ocarina?
I think they are interesting and intend to find out more about them, and their authentic sound :biggrin1:
Hello music fans. I make music and write my own lyrics. I mainly specialize in hip hop and alternative, with mixtures of pop. I also sometimes do dubstep or electronica songs for the people who like that stuff. Check out my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_csIX...Q/featured
Reply
#2
I have included an ocarina in one of my own pieces. Very distinctive sound. Google it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#3
Jerome Wrote:I have included an ocarina in one of my own pieces. Very distinctive sound. Google it.
Cool, do they work well in electronic pieces?
Hello music fans. I make music and write my own lyrics. I mainly specialize in hip hop and alternative, with mixtures of pop. I also sometimes do dubstep or electronica songs for the people who like that stuff. Check out my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_csIX...Q/featured
Reply
#4
A real ocarina works as long as you know why you want it to be there. I wrote a piece about travelling through Siberia. I wanted the piece to be quite bombastic at the beginning and then filter out and eventually dissolve into a quiet piano piece (with an ocarina providing the closing notes) supposedly mimicking a journey through Russia, West to East. The idea was that the piece starts in the west and ends up in the vast emptiness of Siberia. A beautiful but lonely place. It depends what you want to use it for. Your imagination is the driver. You are just the passenger.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#5
Jerome Wrote:A real ocarina works as long as you know why you want it to be there. I wrote a piece about travelling through Siberia. I wanted the piece to be quite bombastic at the beginning and then filter out and eventually dissolve into a quiet piano piece (with an ocarina providing the closing notes) supposedly mimicking a journey through Russia, West to East. The idea was that the piece starts in the west and ends up in the vast emptiness of Siberia. A beautiful but lonely place. It depends what you want to use it for. Your imagination is the driver. You are just the passenger.
Wow that is a good quote. Your piece sounds really good, is there a way I can listen to your pieces?
Hello music fans. I make music and write my own lyrics. I mainly specialize in hip hop and alternative, with mixtures of pop. I also sometimes do dubstep or electronica songs for the people who like that stuff. Check out my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_csIX...Q/featured
Reply
#6
Yes I will set up a link for you - will let you know later. I will need an email address to send you the link. It's not quite 100% complete - just one or two small changes to make still.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#7
Have not prepared this one yet but if you go to http://www.auralscapes.com you can hear one of my tracks 'Under Waves' - a simple guitar theme that unfolds into a soundscape - a small part of a much larger project that I never seem to get around to finishing. An instrumental concept about all things related to the sea. Track will play in the background after a few seconds delay. It will give you an idea of the sort of thing I am doing.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#8
Jerome Wrote:Have not prepared this one yet but if you go to http://www.auralscapes.com you can hear one of my tracks 'Under Waves' - a simple guitar theme that unfolds into a soundscape - a small part of a much larger project that I never seem to get around to finishing. An instrumental concept about all things related to the sea. Track will play in the background after a few seconds delay. It will give you an idea of the sort of thing I am doing.
Cool I will check it out. I'm working on a long song with glockenspiel parts and electronic harmonica, still undecided on whether or not I would need an ocarina?
Hello music fans. I make music and write my own lyrics. I mainly specialize in hip hop and alternative, with mixtures of pop. I also sometimes do dubstep or electronica songs for the people who like that stuff. Check out my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_csIX...Q/featured
Reply


Forum Jump: