Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lounge music types?
#11
Wait just a durn minute< So far in this Thread you have the frantic, frenetic (Louis Prima and successor Sam Butera and the Witnesses) conflated with a serious jazz singer ( Mel Torme) with some snooze-fest candidates. What is your definition of/limits on "lounge"? Everything that doesn't fit comfortably in another category? That way lies madness. "Lounge" to me is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vj3bwouwn0 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrtD_ddTcrY or maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TDhp4S-mTE
From this, you'll find the watered-down music of Martin Denny on your own
Reply
#12
Nice music Jazz! I like the vibraphone....reminded me of Ramsay Lewis for some strange reason that I'll never know!...lol

[video=youtube;iAgECzbruKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=iAgECzbruKQ[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#13
SteveO Wrote:Nice music Jazz! I like the vibraphone....reminded me of Ramsay Lewis for some strange reason that I'll never know!...lol
Not to examine your thought process too deeply but it could be that after a dozen + jazz albums, Mr. Lewis was scorned and reviled by Downbeat and other Serious Jazz pubs for daring to bring jazz back to the people with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vu2tyk8cvc << other jazz players thought he was cool as a rule for doing so--it was the Tastemakers that dumped on him.
Reply
#14
Ah yes! The In Crowd! It was quite a major hit for him was it not?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#15
well I don't know about lounge music ..lift music perhaps James Last lol
Krisztian Wrote:Hello! I have a question, how many lounge music types exists? Can you tell me some luxury/casino/jazz lounge artists? Thank you!
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Reply
#16
Mrrusty1 Wrote:well I don't know about lounge music ..lift music perhaps James Last lol

Brilliant reply MrRusty
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#17
SteveO Wrote:^ LOL !!! ...good stuff re the Cheese, evil!
Well, blimey for not having heard of this dude before--my hipster creds are totally shot. For more: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/richard-c.../biography
Reply
#18
I must admit that I really am not familiar with Cheese! I know all about two music parodists ...Jimmy Fallon and of course Weird Al Yanovic....thanks for the Cheese bio!
jazzboCR Wrote:Well, blimey for not having heard of this dude before--my hipster creds are totally shot. For more: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/richard-c.../biography
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#19
SteveO Wrote:music parodists ...Jimmy Fallon
Thin fungible line between parody and homage--when JF plays alongside the famously prickly Neil Young, where's the line? No question about Weird Al. Parody segues into what the Skivvies do--mashups. Not trying to make you wrong here--but it's a case-by-case, career-long thing. And where do we include that odd-duck, Tom Lehre?r:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY << I'm with him 100%. Then there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9adAljIaKYc
Reply
#20
Hilarious clips Jazz, thanks!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: RAYE - This Music May Contain Hope Music Head 0 595 10-04-2026, 12:30
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Joe Jonas - Music For People Who Believe In Love Music Head 0 1,695 04-06-2025, 12:05
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Cliff Richard - music: the air that i breathe CRAZY-HORSE 0 897 02-11-2020, 04:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Calm, soft and spiritual music made buy handmade instruments only not modern new age! Bubo bubo 0 1,365 18-11-2016, 17:11
Last Post: Bubo bubo
  Deuter Music Is Healthy Medicine And Simply Makes You Feel Better Eugena 0 1,313 19-10-2016, 10:18
Last Post: Eugena
  Pick A Pack Of Dan Chadburn Music And Prepare To Feel Something Eugena 0 1,292 19-10-2016, 10:14
Last Post: Eugena
  Amazing soul artist perfect music video Nina !!!! Nina Tolins LillySam 1 1,703 29-06-2016, 09:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Whats this music genre? _hank_ 0 1,541 21-04-2016, 12:48
Last Post: _hank_
  New Age Music Pioneer Uma Silbey Releases Her 17th Recording Eugena 0 1,382 13-04-2016, 22:34
Last Post: Eugena
  New Deuter Album Is Perfect New Age Music Eugena 0 1,529 14-10-2015, 16:26
Last Post: Eugena

Forum Jump: