Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lavalier microphone - need your advice!
#1
Hello, dear forum users!
I am planning to buy a lavalier microphone.
My budget is up to $ 1,000


The main requirement for the microphone are the sound should be maximally “bass” and deep, i.e. it will be perfectly if the speech sounds more confidently.


At the same time, the recording will be carried out on the street at the average frivolity.
During the recording only one person will speak, i.e. there is no need to identify the extraneous sounds.
It will be perfectly, if it identifies only the man speech, who wears the microphone.


I have looked through a lot of reviews and tests.
I have selected the best variants:
Sony UWP-V6
Sennheiser G3
Sony UWP D11
Sony UWP-V1 (the best one to my mind).


I have not found any specific tests and comparisons of Sony UWP D11 that is why I have not the possibility to compare it with the rest ones.
In my opinion, Sony UWP-V1 is better as it copes with the noise and extraneous sounds much more efficiently than Sennheiser G3.
At the same time, the sound is almost the same in all of them.
However, there will certainly be the differences in the accessories, fittings and other things.


It would be better to minimize them.
I mean it should have the most compact design and be easy in installation/setup.
What can you advise me, which of these microphones is better according to all these requirements? Perhaps there is the better variant ... the most important thing is that it should have more bass in the sound, “the trust sounding”.


Could you, please, help me?


Thank you, in advance!
Reply
#2
I wish I could help you but I cannot. A Shure Sm57 will do just about anything you want it to (within reason). If you have a specific or unusual application you will have to seek advice from someone who knows more about these things. I don't know what you mean by 'trust -sounding'???? Do you mean true-sounding? What are you using the microphone for? Need more information.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#3
No, I mean warm sounding, more bass in voice. If voice have more bass, more warming - it's more a confidence voice (and is more credible). And of course different microphones have a little "bias" to different frequencies. Some in the low-frequency side, some to higher frequencies. So, I need a bias towards lower frequencies (bass). Thanks for answers!


P.S. I plan to use a microphone to record small video clips involving mainly one person and to record voice only.


P.P.S. And of course I need ONLY Lavalier microphone (as it wrote in a topic). Because the microphone is used to record sound on the street, which would then be superimposed on a video recorded at the same time.


Shure Sm57 - not Lavalier microphone.
Reply
#4
Well then - spend a thousand bucks.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB-audio interface - need your advice rsw 12 3,933 09-05-2014, 06:15
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: