Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
COLDPLAY "midnight"
#1
[video=youtube;BQeMxWjpr-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQeMxWjpr-Y[/video]

COLDPLAY "midnight"

new Coldplay single,debuted at #25 on the australian singles chart this week.
its the second single to be taken from their forthcoming album "ghost stories".
IMO its even worse that that stupid "magic" single.
over the last couple of albums these guys have started to lose me and with
the two tracks i have already heard from the new one i can confidently say
that they have now lost me.
theres none of their trademark sounds on either single thus-so-far.
its just bland going nowhere material that i cannot justify purchasing which
is a shame really because i used to think these guys had something special!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
I use to listen to Rush of blood to the head and I thought it was good. Still like clocks and speed of sound but these guys
suck because their just a soft rock, trendy, soulless, fully commercialized band. Haven't listened to them since X & Y or whatever came out.

And with a stupid title like "Ghost stories" that is SO deliberately commercial indie and super trendy! Coldplay have no creative direction of their own and never really did. Coldplay are lame as can be. If you want to listen to another band that's way better of this type, listen to Radiohead. I'm not into Radiohead myself but
I think their a top band and I think that they have some really good songs!
Reply
#3
I bought Radiohead's OK Computer. It ended up in the bin. Can't stand it. But they are infinitely better than Coldplay who I can't stand twice as much as Radiohead!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#4
i gave Radiohead a chance after i disliked the first one i got,went back for another turn and it failed again, wouldnt go back a third time(two strikes and they were out!)

oops. i just gave away an "R" artist for later-on!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
that sucked
more than Magic

Reply
#6
yeh...
i dont know why the powers that be in studioland dont tell these groups/artists that "this album is not going to do what its supposed to do and you want it to do,its not up to par"

i understand that the artist must have some creative freedom, but their new stuff is way out of the ballpark, and probably really would be for most of their fans...

that said...i did buy "trans","re-act-or","life","landing on water","le noise" from Neil Young ans "sonik kicks" from Paul Weller, so i guess i best keep my mouth shut before i remove all doubt LMAO!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#7
^^
I hear ya mate

can't believe those who like their first few albums can like the later stuff
I think a lot of fans (myself included) tend to buy based on previous efforts
or to keep the collection intact

hey Starman
how can you say Coldplay is a "fully commercialized band"?
I'd say these 2 singles from this album are far from commercial

Reply
#8
Just listened to some of the new single..what is this crap? lol Sounds "deliberately amateur" just like all those other wimpy, twee,
commercial indie bands where the male vocalist sounds half gay and their music videos always featuring the band doing random
bullshit in a white room or background. (like throwing paint on the wall) And in this case, wondering around in the woods and feeling
the spirit of the wolf or something. God I can't stand all of this lame commercial indie nonsense! See all these types of recent indie
bands trick you into thinking that their doing something "deep and meaningful" with their music but they really aren't.
Their really no less commercial than a dumb, trashy pop group. Just as shallow but made to look and sound experimental and raw
on the surface. This new indie trend that Coldplay are now embracing couldn't be more retarded and un-creative.

Did I answer or explain my choice of words previously about Coldplay Music head?

I can completely understand everyone's hang up with Radiohead. I think their extremely good but I can't listen to them because
of the lead singers extremely whinny voice. BUT..their music is real and truly artistic, not ever trendy and shallow like Coldplay
are. That's the difference that I'm trying to make. I'm just hoping to help everyone see the difference between "real bands"
who do music from their heart and one's who just want fame and money, so one does not get their hopes up or get
disappointed when a "shallow band" that they like or used to like release a very weak new album that sounds nothing
like their older or original sound because their essentially just following "the trend boat" like everyone else and because they
have "zero originality" of their own.

With that said, I like several pop bands or pop artists who sound trendy to a certain degree but never towards an overload of trendy
sound that's just screaming "I have no soul!" and "I'm just doing what the people what to hear" or "I hope I make it big!".
Reply
#9
Everyone !!!!! Bulletin. Try Radiohead's Kid A album !!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#10
ive just checked i have "ok computer" and "the bends"...bought "the bends" first didnt like it at all, decided that the critics knew what they were talking about and bought "ok computer"..
Damn!, they lied to me!...
"ok computer" has to be the most overrated album i have ever heard along with Joni Mitchell's "blue" and Van Morrison's "astral weeks"!!!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: NEKO CASE ~ Neon Grey Midnight Green Ruby 1 737 28-09-2025, 03:24
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Coldplay - Sparks Music Head 0 1,258 29-06-2025, 11:15
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - "moon music" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,381 16-10-2024, 12:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Coldplay - "all my love" CRAZY-HORSE 0 856 04-10-2024, 11:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Coldplay - feelslikeimfallinginlove Music Head 3 1,560 09-07-2024, 22:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres Music Head 1 1,221 30-10-2021, 04:55
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Coldplay - Higher Power Music Head 1 1,145 22-05-2021, 11:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay "everyday life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,897 06-12-2019, 14:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Coldplay "orphans" CRAZY-HORSE 3 2,262 30-10-2019, 09:58
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  NEW ALBUM: Set It Off - Midnight Music Head 2 1,293 14-02-2019, 18:36
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: