Poll: What is Your Age ??
This poll is closed.
Under 15
4.08%
2 4.08%
15 - 25
48.98%
24 48.98%
26 - 35
14.29%
7 14.29%
36 - 45
8.16%
4 8.16%
46 - 55
12.24%
6 12.24%
56 - 65
10.20%
5 10.20%
Over 65
2.04%
1 2.04%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Music Discussion Demographic Poll
#41
17 - Male - Sigh
Reply
#42
why the sigh Sogna...?

we were all seventeen once,though some of us may not clearly remember those youthful days, but let me assure you..once you get older and have to assume the responsibilites of mature adulthood you will sometimes wish that you were seventeen again,believe me....i have on numerous occasions!

and its in your teenage years that you pick up and generally adopt your favourite musical artists that never forget or loathe later in life.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#43
Jerome Wrote:Right Ed - it's on its way to you - about 25 DVD's of assorted concerts with a variety of artists - Mr Cohen, Clapton, Cream, Wakeman and Co, Rush and plenty more. Hope it plays on your system. If not, no need to return them. Just pass them on to someone else. I am offloading stuff. Just too much of it in the house. And many I have duplicate copies of anyway - gifts from people and in some cases I bought the same thing twice! Enjoy! Should be with you in a couple of days. DHL. ETA Monday afternoon - don't know what I did with the tracking number - will dig it out.

ok...
i havent seen a response in this thread by MH...

did you get those dvds?
did you manage to get them to play on your dvd player ok, because the Slim Dusty one you got in your cd/dvd set didnt play, right??
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#44
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:why the sigh Sogna...?

we were all seventeen once,though some of us may not clearly remember those youthful days, but let me assure you..once you get older and have to assume the responsibilites of mature adulthood you will sometimes wish that you were seventeen again,believe me....i have on numerous occasions!

and its in your teenage years that you pick up and generally adopt your favourite musical artists that never forget or loathe later in life.

I get that a lot when I say who my favourite band is to someone, :laugh: Though, I actually prefer that response over them thinking I like that Pop/Hip-hop guy called Psy who's from South Korea, and when I explain that I like the Sigh who's from Japan they usually say "but isn't he from Korea?" which has now gotten me to introducing my favourite band as "The Avant-garde Black Metal band from Japan by the name of Sigh, spelled S, I, G, H." Telling them the genre of my favourite band is usually enough for them to understand I'm not speaking of the same music act, though.

I also understand the sentiment of wanting to relive your youth, since I sometimes already wish of doing so myself haha. But I'm fine with the future too, and whatever else's going to come with it. I don't think I could make the most of the present if I was always thinking of the past. So I try not to dwell on missed opportunities, and also try to keep doing something to make my future better.

Also, I think my tastes have been quite solidified for a while now. It's been over three years since a band I used to like became really unlistenable in the present, and my current favourite band has enough variety in their work to fit a larger spectrum of tastes than the average band. Ever since I really got involved with music I had liked the Metal genre. My tastes have mostly expanded since, for every band that I discarded there would be 20 to take their place, and I think I'm quite content with what I already like, though I may find something else which I'll like more than anything I've heard before in the future, I'm certain I'll never dislike most of what I like now, in the future.
Reply
#45
M, 56 years young ; Bill Nelson Cool
Reply
#46
Nice post Sogna ! I also like Sigh !!!!
SognaMetalVreid Wrote:I get that a lot when I say who my favourite band is to someone, :laugh: Though, I actually prefer that response over them thinking I like that Pop/Hip-hop guy called Psy who's from South Korea, and when I explain that I like the Sigh who's from Japan they usually say "but isn't he from Korea?" which has now gotten me to introducing my favourite band as "The Avant-garde Black Metal band from Japan by the name of Sigh, spelled S, I, G, H." Telling them the genre of my favourite band is usually enough for them to understand I'm not speaking of the same music act, though.

I also understand the sentiment of wanting to relive your youth, since I sometimes already wish of doing so myself haha. But I'm fine with the future too, and whatever else's going to come with it. I don't think I could make the most of the present if I was always thinking of the past. So I try not to dwell on missed opportunities, and also try to keep doing something to make my future better.

Also, I think my tastes have been quite solidified for a while now. It's been over three years since a band I used to like became really unlistenable in the present, and my current favourite band has enough variety in their work to fit a larger spectrum of tastes than the average band. Ever since I really got involved with music I had liked the Metal genre. My tastes have mostly expanded since, for every band that I discarded there would be 20 to take their place, and I think I'm quite content with what I already like, though I may find something else which I'll like more than anything I've heard before in the future, I'm certain I'll never dislike most of what I like now, in the future.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#47
[video=youtube;pUxvvw6AhzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxvvw6AhzA[/video]
ZeusMoose Wrote:M, 56 years young ; Bill Nelson Cool
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#48
SteveO Wrote:[video=youtube;pUxvvw6AhzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxvvw6AhzA[/video]

Hey, that's one of the ones I was going to post ! :biggrin::eek::biggrin:
There are some great ones from that dvd 'Legends' series or some such.
Top shelf examples of a top notch guitar geezer in top form.
'For Stuart' is amazing , and 'Adventures In A Yorkshire Landscape'.
I found this guy in 1995 and have about 100 of his cds. Shoot,
I even got an EBow and a soundhole pickup for my acoustic so
I too can make wailing noises Cool
Reply
#49
I'm so young!!! I'm thirteen, and I just love Beethoven!
Reply
#50
Welcome aboard the Great MD, Aralia! Beethoven is an excellent choice ! You are possibly the youngest MD member that I have seen since I joined MD in 2011 ! Here's hoping you stick around and enjoy yourself ! Confusedmile:
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,660 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,417 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,962 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,815 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,797 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,672 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,206 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,703 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: