Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A little bit of sharing...
#1
Okay, so I'm looking for some new music.
I wanna give my iTunes a makeover.
But instead of telling you what I like, because I like everything.
Tell me YOUR favorite band.

As many as you like, any genre.
Except Classic Rock, the only thing from the 80s I really like is The Offspring.
Oh, and Journey.

My favorite band happens to be Escape The Fate.

So, what's yours?
Please.(:
You're gonna go far, Kid.
Reply
#2
If I had to choose one band for now, I'd suggest giving Epica (symphonic metal) a try, if you haven't already. I personally find their sound to be refreshing. The lead vocalist, Simone Simmons, is classically trained and has an absolutely gorgeous voice. I'd suggest trying "Living A Lie - The Embrace That Smothers - Part VIII" from their latest album The Divine Conspiracy.

YouTube link: YouTube - EPICA - TDC - Track 8 - Living A Lie

If you already know of Epica, I apologize.

PS - I'm another Journey fan. :biggrin1:
Reply
#3
immortaloldshool. Wrote:Okay, so I'm looking for some new music.
I wanna give my iTunes a makeover.
But instead of telling you what I like, because I like everything.
Tell me YOUR favorite band.

As many as you like, any genre.
Except Classic Rock, the only thing from the 80s I really like is The Offspring.
Oh, and Journey.

My favorite band happens to be Escape The Fate.

So, what's yours?
Please.(:

I've just been going back and finding the songs I missed--obscurities to most.

These are some examples of what I found:

Innercourse - For You
Confrontation Camp - Break The Law
Blindside - Hooray, It's L. A.
Edgewater - Eyes Wide Shut
Earshot - More Than I Ever Wanted

I can't believe you're against all that great 80's music. I guess you had to be born before it.

Tool is still one of my favorite bands.

I naturally went to LastFM and started typing in bands I knew to see what "similars" came up. Turns out, everybody does this.
Reply
#4
Dead Can Dance, Hella, Devendra Banhart, Beirut, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Melt-Banana, The Locust, Nujabes...

kosmaster's Music Profile Users at Last.fm
Reply
#5
Thanks guys.
I'll definitely check them out.
(:
You're gonna go far, Kid.
Reply
#6
based on my knowledge of your preferences i'd think you might like atreyu's new stuff, hawthorne heights,some of silverstein's stuff, lostprophets, on the last day, (possibly) peirce the veil, chiodos, acadamy is..., all time low, attack attack!, boys like girls, classic crime, cobra starship, four letter lie, .......................... that's all ican think of right now. check them out and tell me what you think. :biggrin:
men wear boots
Reply
#7
I love Hawthorne Heights and The Academy Is...
I'm starting to get into All Time Low too.
Their new song Weightless is amazing.


I'm not a big fan of Cobra Starship. Chiodos, Four Letter Lie or Attack! Attack! really.
But I'll check out the other stuff. Thanks(:

I honestly listen to everything, so anything that you throw at me, I'll most likely like.

Thankyou.
You're gonna go far, Kid.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool tool : sharing your iTune playlists songtune 0 1,595 15-10-2008, 13:15
Last Post: songtune

Forum Jump: