Posts: 224
Threads: 14
Joined: Jul 2009
I was gifted with Green Day's newest. Failure complete.
(A huge fan of their old stuff, myself)
Worst I ever bought? Don't You Fake It, by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Horrible.
Posts: 919
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2008
Erixouther Wrote:Worst I ever bought? Don't You Fake It, by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Horrible.
...i liked it a lot....and went to see them in concert....and bought a t-shirt.....and thought the lead singer's hair was fantastically conditioned
(their last album was truly awful though)
Don't know about the worst record but the most disappointing was My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade - but I still haven't got around to listening to the new Green Day one yet, so may be changing my mind shortly accoring to people I know who have listened
Posts: 40
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2009
Infinity On High by Fall Out Boy.
I don't know what possessed me to buy.
Posts: 7
Threads: 1
Joined: Aug 2009
the spaghetti incident guns n roses
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
12-09-2011, 10:37
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 07:18 by Jerome.)
Kraftwerk - Tour De France. Should have been called 'Tour de Farce'. The most apalling lack of effort is portrayed on this album. This must be the laziest effort by any band ever. I think they just switched on an arpeggiator and added one or two notes over the top of it. And the drum machine was on autopilot too. Zero thought in this one.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i guess Music Head and myself agree on the same worst album in our collections....Aqua, the one with that "barbie girl" song on!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Tour de France - Kraftwerk - complete utter sh*te. Not far behind comes The Orb's Metallic Spheres. For me (yes I know you don't agree) both these albums exhibit a complete lack of effort or creative thought. They are both 'dead' albums.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
20-11-2011, 17:51
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2011, 17:53 by SteveO.)
Since I cannot play an instrument except for picking out nomenclature melodies on guitar (anyone can do it,,simple really) and do not have a clue about music composition I cannot in all honesty state that a certain album is bad !,,,except for Aqua ...lol
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 289
Threads: 13
Joined: Jan 2012
Sadly it would have to be a Santana album, i bought All That I Am and it's probably his worst album, there's only a couple of descent tracks on it, and the entire album has a shallow pop feel to it.
Posts: 295
Threads: 6
Joined: Jan 2012
Sitting somewhere in the deep echelons of one of my cd-drawers is the still-wrapped "American Idiot" album. Bought it the same day I bought 2 other albums (Went to buy those 2, and saw GD had a new one at the time and figured "How could I pass this up?"). Opened the other 2 first, went to watch TV, heard the single "American Idiot" and immediately facepalmed.