Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mayhem Fest
#1
Slayer
Marilyn Manson
Killswitch Engage
Bullet For My Valentine
Cannibal Corpse
Trivium
Job For A Cowboy
All That Remains
God Forbid
Behemoth
Whitechapel
The Black Dahlia Murder

I just went to Mayhem a couple days ago. Did anyone else happen to go? I wanted to see what others thought of the bands.

One of the friends I went with strongly hated Manson and felt as though he was out of place. Killswitch was good for the crowd and got everyone to wake up and actually get involved. Job For A Cowboy (though not my favorite band) was my favorite show of the evening. Bullet was kind of a letdown. I'd seen them twice before and they really didn't do anything new for this third time. They did play a new song for us off of their unreleased record, and I was kind of disappointed. Trivium was another good one. I prefered them in this setting compared to when I saw them open for Slipknot. Slayer, of course, was awesome. However, they really didn't engage the crowd and I was kinda bummed out by that. Perhaps it's just because they already have such a large fanbase they didn't feel as though they needed to share anything else with us other than their music?

Those were the main acts I caught. Anyone else have input?
"To me, 'all hope is gone' is a very positive thing to say because hope means expectations, and when you give up expectation, you embrace what’s going to happen."
- Corey Taylor
Reply
#2
I went to the Camden show and it was awesome. i didnt really pay attention to the bands on the Hot Topic stage but Trivium was probably one of the best of the day. ATR sounded horrible, idk what was wrong. BFMV was a good opener and i agree about KsE, they really got the crowd pumped. And then there was slayer, they killed. They cut into Manson's time by playing Raining Blood when they were supposed to get off and wen they finished a quarter of the crowd left. Manson just bitched about journalists and whether or not it was camden or philly and his performance was not that great.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theres a new fest coming to NY Gypsy Girl 0 1,205 05-07-2012, 20:20
Last Post: Gypsy Girl
  Crüe Fest 2010! 0 608 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:

Forum Jump: