Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shark attack season is upon us....
#11
jazzboCR Wrote:Per Sister MAG2NYC's gentle chiding, I will admit I was late-night OTT. She has however been around sharks in her life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Loop << posted to keep others elsewhere in the loop...JazzboCR over and out.

*laughs* And I just realized that I totally misread your comment! You were scolding everyone for being frivolous in the face of global suffering - and now look at you; being kind to me *and* warning me off the Chicago sharks!!

This discussion forum - and the people on it - makes me happy!! Have a wonderful (shark free) day!!
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
Reply
#12
MAG2NYC Wrote:*laughs* And I just realized that I totally misread your comment! You were scolding everyone for being frivolous in the face of global suffering - and now look at you; being kind to me *and* warning me off the Chicago sharks!!

This discussion forum - and the people on it - makes me happy!! Have a wonderful (shark free) day!!

No No--let me take the hit. This Board is supposed to be about folks having a measure of fun...and then I threw a huge, grim rock in the pond. There's a time and place for everything and this ain't either for my acting the Old Scold. Back to etiquette school for me...:
http://www.emilypost.com/ We having fun yet?
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#13
whew
I was beginning to think I couldn't talk about anything bad, because there might be something more bad, uh...........badder, uh.........worse

Reply
#14
When sharks are about, especially in a frenzy, then, as Lee Ritenour reminds us,... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OKZL4DvU0s << for Bro Jerome...
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#15
Music Head Wrote:whew
I was beginning to think I couldn't talk about anything bad, because there might be something more bad, uh...........badder, uh.........worse

*raised eyebrow* Yes, that's right, Music Head. What's worse is bad grammar, and I appreciate you making the effort so that I don't have to haul out the dreaded red pen. And I appreciate you, jazzbo, for taking the hit.

You dudes never fail to make me smile!
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
Reply
#16
ok....now this season's figure climbs to 2 shark attacks...you can read the latest on the attack below in the link...
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/10...ark-attack
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#17
#3 now as per shark attacks...
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/...ar-BB8IzUA
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#18
#4 now.....sorry,,,i should have posted this one last week:http://www.inquisitr.com/1533217/shark-a...o-survive/[URL]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#19
#5 with today's attack:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/25286665...ia-shark-bite/
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#20
I had to laugh at this thread. I live near the sea, but sharks are one problem we don't get. The tides are very dangerous here though and people think they can swim or sail anywhere without training, equipment, etc and then get into serous trouble. The problem is they put others' lives at risk.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aussie shark attacks 2026 CRAZY-HORSE 13 2,632 18-09-2026, 07:10
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Aussie shark attacks 2025 CRAZY-HORSE 14 7,238 27-11-2025, 01:43
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Aussie Shark Attack's 2024 CRAZY-HORSE 10 4,084 29-12-2024, 09:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Aussie Shark Attacks 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 10 4,333 28-12-2023, 22:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  2022 Aussie Shark Attack stats: CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,306 07-10-2022, 11:21
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  2021 Shark attack season: CRAZY-HORSE 16 4,887 12-12-2021, 14:34
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  tis the season...for Shark Attacks tra la la-la-la... CRAZY-HORSE 33 10,509 09-12-2020, 09:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Shark Attack season is open.... CRAZY-HORSE 20 8,009 25-03-2019, 04:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Shark Attack season... CRAZY-HORSE 4 3,281 04-10-2017, 02:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Season's greetings to all music discussion members ! SteveO 0 1,587 21-12-2016, 16:50
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: