Posts: 7
Threads: 1
Joined: Aug 2009
Hi just joined the site today, I love all things metal.....and I just wanna get to know other like-minded people.....and discuss music!!
I'm also an admin at a metal site called Metal 101 if you would like to come over and check it out, we have a live metal radio show that might interest some of you! LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN (Not allowed as newbie member)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
Welcome to the site. Please bear in mind no links as newbie members. You are welcome however to place a link in your signature.

mile:
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2009
Hey there,
So you like Heavy Metal. Have to say that's probably my most disliked genre of music. Just curious as to WHY you like it? And being a guitarist does it influence what songs you learn and compose on the guitar?
My favourite genre is RnB (Complete other end of the scale lol) and I find myself playing a lot of Jazz and rhythmic stuff. Nothing like RnB.
Cheers
Posts: 224
Threads: 14
Joined: Jul 2009
Howdy.
I've just recently ventured into the metal angle of the spectrum.
I love prog metal the most =]
Things like Dream Theater, Tool, As I Lay Dying, Bullet For My Valentine, Coheed & Cambria, Demon Hunter, etc. float my boat.
Which bands do you rock to?
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2009
why aren't I allowed post links as a newbie?..
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
LuzMac99 Wrote:why aren't I allowed post links as a newbie?..
There is a subset of posters whose sole aim is to post links to sites which they are presumably trying to promote. Many of them have historically posted a couple of times & then made no further contribution. Spammers in other words.
The site admin team sees no value in these posts, and prides itself in keeping the site as clear of them as is possible. We see this as providing a better user experience, as the purpose of the forum is, as its' name implies, music discussion. The newbie link-posting rule allows the admin team to filter these posts out, so that you - the users - don't have to wade through this trash.
Hope this explains the situation...
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Tiggi Wrote:There is a subset of posters whose sole aim is to post links to sites which they are presumably trying to promote. Many of them have historically posted a couple of times & then made no further contribution. Spammers in other words.
The site admin team sees no value in these posts, and prides itself in keeping the site as clear of them as is possible. We see this as providing a better user experience, as the purpose of the forum is, as its' name implies, music discussion. The newbie link-posting rule allows the admin team to filter these posts out, so that you - the users - don't have to wade through this trash.
Hope this explains the situation...
and a good policy it is. If you can't come up with 10 music related posts, you shouldn't be here.
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2009
@moderators
I joined in just today and I must say that you are doing a great job. The site is very clean and that's the reason I registered. The one week probation is a bit long but otherwise, its a good idea.