Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
I'd like to believe this truly was live and not "processed" and lip-synced beyond redemption. Put this up twice--once with the crap audio, once with no perf vid but much better sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tiqcNNixgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpz-5MO4nYw
47 Million folks seemed to like this informal session, a cover of a Dolly Parton classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Miley can sing when she wants to....
Her "wrecking ball" was my favourite single of 2013
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Lady Gaga has the advantage because, as my brother reminded me today, she started as a jazz/jazzy artist. I'd love Ms. Cyrus to break free a bit, hook up with a no-BS guy like T-Bone Burnette or Bruuuuce or Elvis C. and let that native talent out. It'll get AMG4+-stars, sell 50 copies, and put her on a night-club tour to support--but at least she can say she did it. Then back to the money-making schlock...and on and on 'til she's 35-40.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Of course Miley can sing! My wife said so and I agree! I also loved Wrecking Ball! Yes she is somewhat clothes needy on most of her videos but most of the women singers are doing that...sex sells also beside a good voice! I can see a gradual improvement from Hannah Montana which I was forced to watch with my grandaughter!...lol
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
The only reason you agree is because your better half told you to...LOL!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Yes and I like Miley too !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!