Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Italo Disco Music
#1
Just thought I wold reach out and see what people's thoughts are on this Nu-Disco revival thing that we seem to be going through at the moment!

It was this article in the guardian that got me thinking about it more http://bit.ly/19zGQul

Quote:What's genuinely strange and intriguing though, is to find that the genre has been having something of a renaissance of late, in the dingy pubs and run-down clubs of Dalston and Hackney

I'm all for this sort of thing, so if you fancy sharing with me what kind of nu disco has been floating your boat.. Go ahead


[video=youtube;3xTAS922cT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xTAS922cT8[/video]
Reply
#2
I just hope no cats were harmed in the making of this video

Reply
#3
I don't see this as any kind of disco. The originals had much stronger rhythmic elements. If anything this is a revival of '80's "New Wave" pop. The only commonalities between this and original disco is that it's dance music. This name Nu-Disco is only a marketing ploy, pure and simple.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#4
....i listened and thought the same thing Jazzbo....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
No way is this disco. More like the New Romantics that emerged from the UK. 80's synth pop comes to mind.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#6
yea, what them guys said

explain yourself Mr. geeeaidan
who told you this was disco
disco aint' coming back
I buried that sucker 10 feet under
and it ain't gettin' out

Reply
#7
Music Head Wrote:yea, what them guys said

explain yourself Mr. geeeaidan
who told you this was disco
disco aint' coming back
I buried that sucker 10 feet under
and it ain't gettin' out

Well, at least disco used a lot of natural instruments, not just electronics, and the musicians were all in the studio, doing it together--the Philly guys anyway.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip62SRqJcYA
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#8
I'm not a fan of the 70s disco era, infact, it took me years to appreciate the Bee Gees disco material and I'm a big fan...

Also, a lot of disco songs mention the word "boogie", I cringe when I hear that word in any song....and that's snot a lie....lmao
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#9
Hahaha okey well maybe Disco wasn't the right word.. I mean more sort of 80's Italo synth style sounds

This is another album I found which might clear up what i mean more

[video=youtube;yergWdn968o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yergWdn968o[/video]
Reply
#10
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:I'm not a fan of the 70s disco era, infact, it took me years to appreciate the Bee Gees disco material and I'm a big fan...

Also, a lot of disco songs mention the word "boogie", I cringe when I hear that word in any song....and that's snot a lie....lmao

From now on you are going to be known as Crazy Boogie Woogie.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Charli xcx - Music, Fashion, Film Music Head 1 380 06-08-2026, 02:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Harry Styles - "kiss all the time, disco, occasionally" CRAZY-HORSE 2 783 18-03-2026, 12:32
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
Video Changing Things Up A Bit - Madonna's La Isla Bonita Music Video Filming Locations ChrisBungo 0 595 07-10-2025, 17:23
Last Post: ChrisBungo
  NEW SONG: Disco Lines & Tinashe - No Broke Boys Music Head 0 1,304 21-07-2025, 11:47
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW-ish SINGLE: The Feeling "there is no music" CRAZY-HORSE 0 828 13-05-2022, 22:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Sia - music CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,103 14-02-2021, 06:11
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kylie Minogue - Disco Music Head 1 817 20-11-2020, 13:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: fun C.K. "let the music play" Novalis 2 1,345 18-08-2020, 20:56
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Clientele - Music for the Age of Miracles Ruby 0 1,476 28-09-2017, 19:08
Last Post: Ruby
  Japanese anime music - best of Inuyasha koukei 0 1,055 15-12-2016, 15:25
Last Post: koukei

Forum Jump: