Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Died on this day ...
Roger Miller - Texas native died on this day in 1992 at the age of 56, of cancer

CMHOF 1992
11 Grammys

one of my favs
not even sure it was a single

[video=youtube;W8aL5UPaL3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8aL5UPaL3w[/video]

Reply
2013: Lou Reed"
died aged 71 from years of drug and alcohol abuse...
I thought most of his albums were patchy to say the least, I own around seven, some really good tracks
but a lot of filler also,
but he was highly influential as a writer and performer to countless musicians that followed.
here's one of my favourites off my favourite album of his in "New York", I recently purchased "transformer" with
my birthday gift cards but I haven't listened to that one yet so I cant really comment on that one yet:
so back to New York....

[video=youtube;ZH96BsL1R3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH96BsL1R3U[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
back to the Roger Miller...
ive checked up a couple of sources and I cannot find that song released as a single in the US,UK,NZ,Can or Australia, so I guess youre right, it wasn't a single.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:back to the Roger Miller...
ive checked up a couple of sources and I cannot find that song released as a single in the US,UK,NZ,Can or Australia, so I guess youre right, it wasn't a single.
I have a few of his studio albums
for some reason I thought it was a single
because I love it I guess

same with Moon River by Andy

now back to Lou
you beat me to it
was doing my research when you posted it
I had chosen The Kids from Berlin
another album you need

[video=youtube;CVcHLZ4B1mY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcHLZ4B1mY[/video]

Reply
1991: Billy Wright, an American jump blues singer.
[video=youtube;cL-gTaF1dWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-gTaF1dWA[/video]
Reply
Porter Wagoner - Missouri native died on this day in 2007 at the age of 79, of cancer

CMHOF in 2002

found Dolly for us
and won some awards for duets with her
had a 21 year run with his TV show in the 60's-70's

love this song
a #2 country hit here in 1968

[video=youtube;x8jJq4rBsZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jJq4rBsZc[/video]

Reply
Robert Goulet - Massachusetts native died on this day in 2007 at the age of 73, of some lung thing

another decent crooner from the day
never had much success on the charts
but he had an acting career as a backup

[video=youtube;piulvLA2TAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piulvLA2TAQ[/video]

Reply
Yma Sumac died on this day in 2008. She was a Peruvian singer, purportedly descended from Inca royalty and had a 5 octave range. That’s virtually impossible and hugely rare. She was what was referred to as an exotic singer, at the time.

I don’t like this at all – too freaky for me, but hey – someone may love it ….

[video=youtube;1KprLT-JxPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KprLT-JxPY[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
She is freaky....makes Bjork sound normal
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
And another thing....
I'm not criticising toy Ruby but...

I don't get how whoever originally wrote that about her being an Inca descendant could have come to that conclusion because I have a big interest in both Inca and Aztec history and everything I've seen or read about the Incas states they disappeared"without a trace", no known descendants, no nothing, they just vanished????
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Death Club: Famous Musicians That Died at Age 27 musiclipse 3 4,385 21-11-2013, 13:14
Last Post: musiclipse

Forum Jump: