Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pura Vida (demo)
#1
Pura Vida (demo)

by Stellar Winds
https://soundcloud.com/turnj/puravida
Reply
#2
Coldplay meets Band Of Horses
love it

Reply
#3
i dont love it like MH does but it has potential...good stuff

now, lets await a response from Jerome!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:i dont love it like MH does but it has potential...good stuff

now, lets await a response from Jerome!

Have to be honest and say it does not really do anything for me. Well recorded but the vocal track sounds too indistinct in places. Piano is great, some nice touches on that, but overall it's not a song I would remember or want to play again. Just my opinion. Not really my thing I suppose.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#5
Wow...very good Stellar Winds,,,like the vocals, guitars and piano so as the talent shows say " A DEFINITE YES" !!!!,,,and welcome aboard MD!
Stellar Winds Wrote:Pura Vida (demo)

by Stellar Winds
https://soundcloud.com/turnj/puravida
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#6
SteveO Wrote:Wow...very good Stellar Winds,,,like the vocals, guitars and piano so as the talent shows say " A DEFINITE YES" !!!!,,,and welcome aboard MD!

Thank you much SteveO! Happy to be a part of this forum, and look forward to reviewing other artists as well.
~JT
Reply
#7
Jerome Wrote:Have to be honest and say it does not really do anything for me. Well recorded but the vocal track sounds too indistinct in places. Piano is great, some nice touches on that, but overall it's not a song I would remember or want to play again. Just my opinion. Not really my thing I suppose.

I appreciate the feedback, and agree regarding the vocal take. The kicker on this demo was that I recorded guitar & vocal together with one condenser, so I didn't have the flexibility to make the vocals shine (as you've insinuated they probably should). I plan to rework this piece, and I look forward to hearing a second opinion from you.
Reply
#8
I am listening to the entire album!!!!..Reminiscent of Lennon and Jeff Buckley for me!!! Two votes for YES from the Hall of Famer Music Head and myself, Weirdo SteveO !!!!...lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunbeams (Demo) Stellar Winds 1 1,134 22-04-2014, 21:47
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: