Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
29-03-2014, 19:13
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2015, 05:50 by jazzboCR.)
Got any NONA* tunes, one an artist takes to a special place which version won't leave you alone? Some of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox3CPi9q7yw << new album due in June featuring Joey DeFrancesco on organ and Bobby Hutcherson on vibes--all 3 masters of their axe and music in general. I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR IT. It's called
Enjoy the View. @
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HjZ2FGto...YV0lWGgL8E << bonus treat--the album as laddered clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OnylHrbj...YV0lWGgL8E
http://www.allmusic.com/album/loverly-mw0000788228 << "iconic album" indeed
* NONA = No Others Need Apply
@ This CD exceeded expectations--all 3 (David Sanborn, Joey DeFrancesco and Bobby Hutcherson) were in top form and grooved together marvelously. Skin in the game: I just ordered one.
Posts: 929
Threads: 3
Joined: Mar 2011
I've think Etta James taught the world how The Eagles " Take it to the Limit" should be sung.
[video=youtube;1r0QteIu_uA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0QteIu_uA&feature=kp[/video]
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Now that's a powerful performance!!!!!
evilB Wrote:I've think Etta James taught the world how The Eagles " Take it to the Limit" should be sung.
[video=youtube;1r0QteIu_uA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0QteIu_uA&feature=kp[/video]
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Thought I'd revive this Thread with this masterpiece. Leon Russell makes every song his own and this is a prime example: Bob Dylan's "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sMSSm0x2A
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I have been listening to U2 all day and realised just how beautiful With Or Without You is! Here's a gorgeous cover!
[video=youtube;BVtYZzfYuVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVtYZzfYuVA[/video]
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
As you are aware SteveO....i dislike U2 with a passion but IMO they made two absolute classics in "with or without you" and "all I want is you"
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I like U2! (must be my Irish ancestry ..lol). I listened to them all day yesterday! They are much better live like many other bands! The unique and distinctive guitar sound of The Edge is pleasing to these ears! I am wondering how Dave gets that special guitar effect? Would you know Jerome?
Here is a real adrenalin rush!
[video=youtube;uDkBzkA9L4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDkBzkA9L4s[/video]
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
How about another Dylan piece, taken a different soulful way?--you're gonna dig this, stake my rep...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2GYIxOMHBo << Then...
And recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD99vlTG_z4 << Mr. Howard Tate brought all of it anytime he performed, impaired or not.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:As you are aware SteveO....i dislike U2 with a passion but IMO they made two absolute classics in "with or without you" and "all I want is you"
I'm with you Bro and I have strong Irish ancestry. Cannot abide that overblown gasbag, Bono--it overwhelms any pleasure I might derive from the songs or the playing. Give me Black 47 anyday!
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR