Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Second Hand Heart - Spending My Time
#1
Five Piece (Australian) alternative/Indie Band.

[video=youtube;f65G-CR8MVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65G-CR8MVg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The debut album 'Tides' is available for full streaming on SoundCloud.
Reply
#2
Can't believe none of you buddying forum members took the bait on this amazing band!!

Attempt two; Try Damnesia on there SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/secondhandheartband/damnesia

This song is one of my personal favourites, Jessica's soft voice layered with luscious harmonies and the space and general ambience of the track is pretty mesmerising... If you can't tell.. i'm pretty into SHH.

I really do hope this will be a big year from them.

The debut album 'Tides' is in my top 5 albums of 2014... seriousily do yourself a favour and give them 5 minutes of your day :nod:

[Image: a0638105467_10.jpg]
Reply
#3
If you like your music and you like it free.

Second Hand Heart - have released 'Trouble' for free download.
https://soundcloud.com/secondhandheartba...e-mastered

But to be honest if you like the tracks above you will most probably love the album.

Its up there with my favourite releases of 2014 Smile

[Image: artworks-000074748552-f36ctc-t500x500.jpg?30a2558]
Reply
#4
gave all 3 tracks a spin Josh
liked the first one
not too keen on the other 2
that's about as deep as my analysis goes without a joint

Reply
#5
Wow! Thanks Josh!!! A very good band with an original sound and sumptuous female vocals! Jess Carroll is her name ...Tides album , one of the best I have heard in quite awhile !!! Thanks again Josh for the magnificent discovery!

This is staggering!!!!

[video=youtube;p6esqH1Ibe0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6esqH1Ibe0[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#6
Music Head Wrote:gave all 3 tracks a spin Josh
liked the first one
not too keen on the other 2
that's about as deep as my analysis goes without a joint

Haha thanks Music Head, glad you managed to find one track you enjoyed!

P.S - cannabis is bad, nor big nor clever! #Don'tBeAnAirHead
Reply
#7
SteveO Wrote:Wow! Thanks Josh!!! A very good band with an original sound and sumptuous female vocals! Jess Carroll is her name ...Tides album , one of the best I have heard in quite awhile !!! Thanks again Josh for the magnificent discovery!

This is staggering!!!!

[video=youtube;p6esqH1Ibe0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6esqH1Ibe0[/video]

So glad you genuinely like them Steveo, I was so excited when i discovered them too! They just sound pretty unique I guess, but its the soft vocals and harmonies that does it for me. Plus the songwriting is impressive!

Wow, Did not even know that live track existed... What a beauty it is too!

Great share Steveo, Thanks!

Tides, for a debut album... is very impressive!

Another strong track, the intro reminds me of Radiohead! do you agree?
https://soundcloud.com/secondhandheartba...sets/tides
Reply
#8
Oh wow! Thank you, Josh!! SHH is wonderful! I love love love it! I agree with you all about the songwriting - great lyrics that are well constructed are hard to find. The way that their voices wind around each other on that live track gives me chills. Thanks for posting that Steve O! I definitely want to hear more!!
Reply
#9
MAG2NYC Wrote:Oh wow! Thank you, Josh!! SHH is wonderful! I love love love it! I agree with you all about the songwriting - great lyrics that are well constructed are hard to find. The way that their voices wind around each other on that live track gives me chills. Thanks for posting that Steve O! I definitely want to hear more!!

No problem, I'm just glad I can share music with others who genuinely appreciate it! I love that feeling when you discover a new band. I've been introduced to loads of small Independent artists in the past who have brought me endless hours of listening pleasure! So its cool to repay the favour.
MAG2NYC- I totally agree with what you said about the vocals, they blend so well!

I wish and I do hope one day I will be able to see them live, Hopefully they will come over to the UK or America for you guys!

This was the track that slightly reminds me of Radiohead... think its just the intro section to be honest. Such a lovely song.
https://soundcloud.com/secondhandheartba...ook-away-1
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Benson Boone - The Time Of My Life Music Head 0 353 11-07-2026, 11:23
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Cortney Barnett - "one thing at a time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 496 28-03-2026, 02:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: All Time Low - Everyone's Talking! Music Head 0 762 03-11-2025, 12:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Blink-182 - One More Time... Music Head 1 1,049 05-11-2023, 11:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Blink-182 - One More Time Music Head 0 757 06-10-2023, 11:37
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Animal Collective - Time Skiffs Music Head 1 1,143 21-02-2022, 13:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: All Time Low ft. Demi Lovato & blackbear - Monsters Music Head 0 679 08-01-2021, 12:15
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW EP: Oscar Lang "hand over your head" CRAZY-HORSE 0 477 13-09-2020, 09:56
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: All Time Low - Wake Up, Sunshine Music Head 1 1,351 18-04-2020, 23:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Black Lips "get it on time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 825 12-03-2020, 01:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: