Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rocking Women
#1
Who are some women that rock besides kittie? :innocent:
Mike Does it Best:attention:
Reply
#2
i remember an all girl band that was alternative rock in the 90s known as L7. they had a couple of great songs but were more known as a one hit wonder.
Reply
#3
i remember an all girl band that was alternative rock in the 90s known as L7. they had a couple of great songs but were more known as a one hit wonder. Hole (widow of Kurt cobain) was also a woman in rock and alternative rock. Best known song that i remember is celebrity skin.
Reply
#4
What about the rockbird herself, Debbie Harry. Certainly rocking in her day :Wink:
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#5
Flyleaf is a new band i have been hearing with a female singer and they rock really well I think. Has anybody else heard of them
Reply
#6
Well I know I am dating myself by this post, but here goes .. :Wink:

I have always been a fan of Pat Benatar. Her voice is amazing! I saw her perform live back in '98 and even then, long after her "hey day" she still sounded great ..and looked great too!!
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply
#7
Flyleaf is amazing, paramore has some talent too...
i've always loved evanescence and lacuna coil.
janis joplin is bad ass...
there are 2 bad ass bands from my town that are fronted by chicks

http://www.myspace.com/rookrocks
http://congressofacrow.com/?page_id=9
Reply
#8
Kristin Hersh from Throwing Muses is my fave rock dudette

Also a second vote for Courtney Love.
Reply
#9
Sleater-Kinney is my favorite all-female rock band of late. They broke up about a year ago. I recommend starting with their 1997 album Dig Me Out.
Reply
#10
I like Evanescence and maybe Paramore.
I also like Nightwish but I dont know if thats exactly metal and the woman somtimes sings with

sarahann Wrote:Flyleaf is amazing, paramore has some talent too...
i've always loved evanescence and lacuna coil.

Well,well ... :innocent:
Not all who wander are lost.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Various Artists - Come On Up To The House: Women Sing Waits Ruby 1 1,254 23-11-2019, 22:56
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Some recent women soul/blues of merit--an ongoing Thread jazzboCR 7 3,520 11-03-2015, 01:24
Last Post: jazzboCR
  2 women singers jazzboCR 6 2,756 28-12-2014, 02:31
Last Post: jazzboCR
  3 women rockers jazzboCR 1 1,356 12-12-2014, 11:58
Last Post: MichaelGagliardi
  women blues piano players jazzboCR 3 2,445 22-08-2014, 21:17
Last Post: jazzboCR

Forum Jump: