Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sergeant Pepper from Maryland
Hi, hey! I just wanted to introduce myself to you, from my name and avatar it is very likely you already know that the Beatles and Nirvana are 2 of my favorite bands. I just started playing guitar about 4 months ago, so I am (at least I think) fairly good at it. My other favorites consist of Green Day, Pearl Jam, Arctic Monkeys and the Black Keys. So, thanks for hearing what I have to say, hopefully I will enjoy my time on this site! Big Grin
i suspect you have made freinds here without even knowing it by mentioning Beatles...!

personally,
i like Beatles alsoGreen Day and Black Keys from your list.
not a fan of Nirvana(except their unplugged album)...
dont like much of Pearl Jam but i love Eddie's vocals.
Arctic Monkey's, i have their debut album and like it,but dont like anything they have done since!

and, welcome to MD
“Sgt Pepper did its thing it was the album of the decade, maybe the Century. 
It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:i suspect you have made freinds here without even knowing it by mentioning Beatles...!

personally,
i like Beatles alsoGreen Day and Black Keys from your list.
not a fan of Nirvana(except their unplugged album)...
dont like much of Pearl Jam but i love Eddie's vocals.
Arctic Monkey's, i have their debut album and like it,but dont like anything they have done since!

and, welcome to MD

Yeah haha, I suspected that with the Beatles, Arctic Monkey's new album (A.M.) is great. Hopefully I'll be able to get to know some people on here Big Grin
what i should have said was..."i dont like anything enough to buy it"(arctic monkeys)
“Sgt Pepper did its thing it was the album of the decade, maybe the Century. 
It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
I welcomed you on your 5th post but another welcome Sergeant Pepper!!!! I am a Beatle nut! I like Green Day, especially live, Arctic Monkeys debut Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not is brilliant!!!! Their latest AM is very good also! Wiki said this about the AM album - "Turner also cited Outkast, Aaliyah and Black Sabbath as influences.[SUP][23][/SUP][SUP][24][/SUP] Guitarist Jamie Cook also cited The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars as an inspiration for the album, saying that it was one of the only albums they listened to while recording AM." Pretty cool since I love Black Sabbath and the Ziggy Stardust album !!! I always get a kick when newer bands or artists mention classic bands or artists as an influence! Black Keys are keeping good old hard rock alive!...not big on Pearl Jam ...Eddie's voice gets to me in an annoying way, can't really explain it!...lol. Nirvana are very good and I think they created a new direction in contemporary music with "grunge" !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO, I went to bed pretty early so I didn't get to see your other welcome to me, but thanks! Yeah, I must've forgotten to say I also like The Doors, Ramones, Robert Johnson (the most awesome Blues musician EVER) and some pretty old school rap. (Beastie Boys, Run-DMC, Rakim)
Sergeant Pepper. Wrote:Hi, hey! I just wanted to introduce myself to you, from my name and avatar it is very likely you already know that the Beatles and Nirvana are 2 of my favorite bands. I just started playing guitar about 4 months ago, so I am (at least I think) fairly good at it. My other favorites consist of Green Day, Pearl Jam, Arctic Monkeys and the Black Keys. So, thanks for hearing what I have to say, hopefully I will enjoy my time on this site! Big Grin
Welcome!! This is a great site!! I'm sure you will enjoy it here Confusedmile:
Not a big Beatles fan - much to the horror of all assembled here - but Nirvana were absolutely useless. Maybe it's just me but I cannot find anything in their music to like. Their music is just a complete shambles to me. OK you can all shoot me now.
Ninety nine percent of the world's lovers aren't with their first choice. That's what makes the jukebox play - Willie Nelson