Posts: 245
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:Formed in 2012, Moxie Kicks are Charlie freeman and Jamie Brown, who met through a music ad online and quickly became great mates - sharing a passion for indie, guitar led anthemic tunes. Their songs, dipped in emotion and maturity and rich in melody, are laden with hooks and harmony. Influences include The Stones, The Smiths, The Police, The Cure, The Foos, Turin Brakes, Counting Crows, Blur, Doves and Supergrass amongst others. With a sensational live show and a single due in September, this exciting, innovative band is definitely one to watch
[video=youtube;CKgxLGM1ykk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKgxLGM1ykk[/video]
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
^ Great discovery Josh ! I like their sound and influences !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I always loved this song,,,very Brit and upbeat !!!!
[video=youtube;wa2nLEhUcZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2nLEhUcZ0[/video]
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 245
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2013
SteveO Wrote:^ Great discovery Josh ! I like their sound and influences !
Was hoping you would pick up on these Lads, maybe MusicHead would like too?
https://soundcloud.com/moxiekicks/soul-for-you
The Cure are a wicked band - 'Friday I'm in love' is one of many great records.
Also love the Clash. This one is an all time favourite;
[video=youtube;hiQoq-wqZxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiQoq-wqZxg[/video]
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Clash are incredible ! I simply worship the London Calling album !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 245
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2013
[video=youtube;ssku-BbpPx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssku-BbpPx0&list=UUf2Gmd3KjsEdSiIlUbUQLGA[/video]
New cover from the Moxie Boys - The Wombats - Moving To New York
Love this stripped back approach, sounds great at this tempo and Charlie's Husky voice really suits the track.
Posts: 245
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2013
[video=youtube;pzV3_j_bAz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzV3_j_bAz4&feature=youtu.be[/video]
'Above It All' - A new track from the forthcoming Moxie Kicks debut album.
http://www.moxiekicks.com
https://www.facebook.com/MoxieKicks
https://soundcloud.com/moxiekicks
Posts: 245
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2013
20-08-2014, 17:37
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2014, 14:39 by Joshpop.)
Love the original but also think Moxie Kicks have done a cracking stripped back acoustic version of 'Girls and Boys'.
Not heard Jamie leading the vocals before although to be fair to him, he's got a smooth tone and done a great job overall.
[video=youtube;qb9MvgKBtqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb9MvgKBtqE&list=PLvxdPppENWoMikE8HUhrAVTE iWndN-mEU&index=2[/video]
Posts: 184
Threads: 92
Joined: Aug 2014
Had to spread a bit of love for the 'Soul For You' video.... Why don't I get invited to parties like this one? :confused:
[video=youtube;CKgxLGM1ykk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKgxLGM1ykk[/video]
Posts: 184
Threads: 92
Joined: Aug 2014
By the way guys, not sure if this is your thing but I think Solo Suspex has absolutely smashed the remix of this tune.. Very interesting take to be fair.
https://soundcloud.com/moxiekicks/moxie-...r-you-solo