Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VANCE JOY "mess is mine"
[video=youtube;1C816p-KTNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C816p-KTNk[/video]

VANCE JOY "mess is mine"

second single from Aussie Vance..his first was the brilliant "riptide" from a while ago,loved that one!
very alt.folky sounds happening here, could probably be compared to Mumford & Sons in sound...
i like it, but not as much as that Riptide one.
his debut album comes out here in september, looking foreward to listening to it!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

like it
what a stupid video

I really like the song, but I agree with Music Head about the video. What in the world were they thinking? Is this referencing Australian things that we Americans are missing, Crazy Horse?
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
Again I ask that perpetual question ...what do they put in the water down under? ...for a country of 22,700,000 approx. the Aussies excel in music, sports and probably something else! ...lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
MAG2NYC Wrote:I really like the song, but I agree with Music Head about the video. What in the world were they thinking? Is this referencing Australian things that we Americans are missing, Crazy Horse?

nothing unusual in the video to report maggie...
just aussie street scenes and cityscapes...
the Polar Bear...not sure where Vance's idea for that came from...we dont get those here, but it probably means something to him???
and the use of that stupid bear reminds me of something Coldplay would do...lol

Aussies have more in common with Americans than their European ancestry also...
we too, had to tame an untamed land back in the day Mag....
our mainland is approxiamtaly the same size as mainland US(excluding Alaska) with around 25-30million people...
90% of which live in coastal regions...
allof the people i met and spoke to in your 'south' have the same laidback attitude...
Florida could quite easily be an Australian State, as could the Appalachean States and New Orleans.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

SteveO Wrote:Again I ask that perpetual question ...what do they put in the water down under? ...for a country of 22,700,000 approx. the Aussies excel in music, sports and probably something else! ...lol

the "something else" would have to be shark attacks and 17 of the top20 most venomous snakes on earth probalby SteveO....lol

lol...I thought about sharks as the third specialty !!! :hand:
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Mitski - My Love Mine All Mine Music Head 0 477 09-10-2023, 11:29
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Angel Olsen "whole new mess" CRAZY-HORSE 0 206 03-09-2020, 11:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Vance Joy "saturday sun" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,019 08-03-2018, 15:02
  NEW ALBUM: Vance Joy "nation of two" CRAZY-HORSE 5 1,390 08-03-2018, 13:30
  NEW SINGLE: Vance Joy "we're going home" CRAZY-HORSE 1 843 14-01-2018, 21:10
Last Post: Ruby
  Hamilton Leithhauser & Rostrum "i had a dream that you were mine" CRAZY-HORSE 0 583 30-09-2016, 22:55
  Grouplove - Big Mess Music Head 0 525 27-09-2016, 12:59
  Foy Vance "the wild swan" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,114 24-05-2016, 11:49
  The New Moonlandinz "sweet saturn mine" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,058 19-08-2015, 18:32
  Vance Joy "fire and the flood" CRAZY-HORSE 1 885 05-08-2015, 15:32
Last Post: SteveO