15-09-2014, 22:07
...And not only do I not apologize for it, I celebrate myself for it. I love to dance and this was the last basically Anglo music style that had that as its core. A reading of this wiki is in order, so we're on the same page as to what it is and isn't.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco << Gay folks aren't mentioned as one of its core constituencies but it could hardly exist without them as audience or performers. OK. Homework done? Then let's play.
Here's the main themes from somebody's list of Top 10 songs--good job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzY2XXsZPb8
Some individual artists:
Donna Summer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhnMas6hoo << comment #1 says it all--forever the Queen and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRI1yzn2ugA << love the way this song builds and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IdEhvuNxV8
Evelyn (Champagne) King https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXD43jjG0jQ << not to be confused with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9FaOiWRciI << yes that's Freddie Mercury
Vicki Sue Robinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZfPWp-VGKY << that bass player is styling her cheeks off, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeumIbXyh84
Amii Stewart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAbq_qkzFR0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb1XBt7ZdA
BONUS: 3 disco divas puttin' it on ya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkE8BqjLvpc
If you really wanna go nutso, here's a 2-hour playlist--dance yourself into exhaustion, as I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpXsKjxb9us
What provoked this Post is an upcoming Broadway bio show about the greatest of them all--Sylvester (I've only featured female artists but he's NearAsDammit): http://www.fabuloussylvester.com/ and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/15...23782.html
Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG2ixYJ79iE << good sound, crap vid that nevertheless puts you right in the picture--ah, the memories...and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYG2mdzXI_g and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVfLsGE83o
Here's the main themes from somebody's list of Top 10 songs--good job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzY2XXsZPb8
Some individual artists:
Donna Summer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhnMas6hoo << comment #1 says it all--forever the Queen and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRI1yzn2ugA << love the way this song builds and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IdEhvuNxV8
Evelyn (Champagne) King https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXD43jjG0jQ << not to be confused with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9FaOiWRciI << yes that's Freddie Mercury
Vicki Sue Robinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZfPWp-VGKY << that bass player is styling her cheeks off, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeumIbXyh84
Amii Stewart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAbq_qkzFR0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb1XBt7ZdA
BONUS: 3 disco divas puttin' it on ya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkE8BqjLvpc
If you really wanna go nutso, here's a 2-hour playlist--dance yourself into exhaustion, as I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpXsKjxb9us
What provoked this Post is an upcoming Broadway bio show about the greatest of them all--Sylvester (I've only featured female artists but he's NearAsDammit): http://www.fabuloussylvester.com/ and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/15...23782.html
Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG2ixYJ79iE << good sound, crap vid that nevertheless puts you right in the picture--ah, the memories...and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYG2mdzXI_g and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVfLsGE83o
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

