Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone good with time signature?
#1
Hello all,

That sounds like the right place to ask, so here it is:

I chose a song to recreate on my sequencer. I picked this Have A Cigar Pink Floyd song for various reasons, but I can't figure out the time signature.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVShT6nVTA


There are 2 precise segments I'm missing out on, first one is from 0:48 to 0:56, and second one from 1:48 to 1:56. The whole song is 4/4 but these segments.


The way I'm counting this, I get 4/4 then 5/4 for the first segment, and 4/4 then 5/4, 5/4 for the second segment.


Is this right?


Thought I'd ask here. Always seems to be someone with the proper knowledge.


Regards,
Den
Reply
#2
It changes to 5/4 - http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd...=MN0044727

Have a look at the bottom of the sheet.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#3
Its better that you work with the precise segment, I think you are song will recreate a good sequencer if your working with two precise segments.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Aerosmith & Yungblud - One More Time (ep) Music Head 0 460 05-12-2025, 12:26
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: The Struts - "too good at raising hell" CRAZY-HORSE 0 966 20-09-2023, 22:25
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Roger Waters - "time" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,468 02-09-2023, 05:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Pink Floyd's Time Reditus 1 2,129 04-01-2023, 10:39
Last Post: JeromeD
  funny time ~ AustinAbelFrank 3 2,125 31-07-2022, 05:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: JOE BONAMASSA ~ Time Clocks Ruby 2 1,465 02-11-2021, 07:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  N EW ALBUM: Dream Theater "distance over time" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,833 15-03-2019, 02:40
Last Post: SteveO
  NEW SINGLE: Steve Hackett "beasts in our time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,066 19-02-2019, 13:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  "Good grief, they're recording again!" department bob_32_116 2 2,541 23-02-2017, 17:03
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Monkees - Good Times! Music Head 4 3,254 15-06-2016, 16:43
Last Post: bob_32_116

Forum Jump: