Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
yep....
the "music-man" has just surpassed the incredible 15,000 post mark on MD.....!
congrats Music Head, this site would not be half the place it is without you mate.
three cheers for MH...
hip-hip-hooray
hip-hip-hooray
hip-hip-hooray!!!!!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
....and that my brother is exactly why you are in the "MD Hall of Fame"
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Way to go Music Head!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
thanks guys
my pace has slowed down over the years
and you 2 are neck and neck and closing
but jazz may pass us all
he probably already owns the link count
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Music Head Wrote:thanks guys
my pace has slowed down over the years
and you 2 are neck and neck and closing
but jazz may pass us all
he probably already owns the link count
I admit to a strong ego but this is not a race--we all have a place/have carved a niche here. About the link count: Blame my obsessive-compulsive disorder--I just try to demonstrate the depth and breadth of an artist/group, and that requires posting a lot of links (look at how OTT I was with Maceo Parker.). Again, no competition intended. A much fairer measure is how many folks actually look at something, and I believe I falter there.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
dammit!
and here I thought we were in a contest
with a prize at the end
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Hey guys, I am amazed at all the posts you people put up. Congrats to all of you regardless of the actual numbers. I am a lazy typist at best so you won't see those kinds of numbers from me. What I want to know is where do you find the time.........
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
retired is my excuse
plus it's winter
otherwise I'd be outside
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
This is my "College of Musical Knowledge". I'll see something here or elsewhere that piques my interest...and it's off to the races. Anything outside the dull, the ordinary, the conventional is grist for the mill (to trot out another hoary metaphor...). And, MH, the prize awarded daily is making folks happy and better informed--winners all 'round on that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFx0KHkps78 << not to mention Kay Kyser...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-krlgo2e8
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Jerome Wrote:Hey guys, I am amazed at all the posts you people put up. Congrats to all of you regardless of the actual numbers. I am a lazy typist at best so you won't see those kinds of numbers from me. What I want to know is where do you find the time.........
It's not about quantity; it's all about quality--any fool can run up a post count...and plenty have.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR