Posts: 64
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2009
Opinions?
Favorite song?
Other artists like them?
I'd have to say my favorite songs are Breakdown and Fake It.
Posts: 36
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2009
I absolutely love all three of their albums, though I may favor Disclaimer II. For me, they're straight up rock and are easy to listen to. They're good in concert too -- energy isn't off the wall, just easygoing and all about the music.
I have a bunch of favorites by them, most of which are from their first two albums. Have you listened to those two albums or are you just partial to Finding Beauty..?
And I'm personally a huge fan of their cover of "Careless Whisper."
Other bands that sound like them (in my opinion):
Mainly: Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack and Staind.
But possibly:
Alter Bridge
Crossfade
Disturbed
Papa Roach
Shinedown
Posts: 64
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2009
I love Careless Whisper by them.
I have to admit I don't know any full albums by them.
I usually just go by songs. :/
But I'll go check the albums out.
I love Shinedown and Papa Roach already. Lol.
Thank you(:
You're gonna go far, Kid.
Posts: 36
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2009
Awesome! Seether's one of those bands that produces albums you can listen to all the way through. You'll have to let me know what you think.
Posts: 153
Threads: 14
Joined: Jun 2009
i don't know.. some of their stuff seems very bland. i like them, but most of their songs are very repetitive and very uncreative. although i liked their album with fake it and no jesus christ. that was a good album.
Posts: 36
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2009
bryce Wrote:i don't know.. some of their stuff seems very bland. i like them, but most of their songs are very repetitive and very uncreative. although i liked their album with fake it and no jesus christ. that was a good album.
Their latest album,
Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces, is very diverse. This could be why you're more attracted to that album. However, I think their previous two albums are fairly diverse as well. I definitely have to disagree with saying that their earlier stuff is bland. In my personal opinion, their older albums were just a tad bit heavier than this latest one, and that may be where you're pulling the repetitive feeling from. As I said in an earlier post, Seether to me is just straight up rock. Their sound isn't adorned in bells and whistles -- it's just rock. Perhaps that's why they don't hold your attention?
Posts: 64
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2009
Hem- I'm downloading Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces now.
I'll give the whole thing a listen and tell you what I think.
After that I'll get Disclaimer.
(:
You're gonna go far, Kid.
Posts: 153
Threads: 14
Joined: Jun 2009
@hem--- that's probably it. i really need diversity, veriety, and uniqueness in each of the things i listen to. ..... and @immortaloldschool.. that's good! that cd really had alot of strange things that i think you'd enjoy. kinda dark and depressing though.
Posts: 64
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2009
Bryce- yeahh it did. I was like whoaa. haha. but I liked it a lot. My favorite songs would have to be: Breakdown, Like Suicide, FMLYHM and No Jesus Christ.
You're gonna go far, Kid.
Posts: 153
Threads: 14
Joined: Jun 2009
immortaloldshool. Wrote:Bryce- yeahh it did. I was like whoaa. haha. but I liked it a lot. My favorite songs would have to be: Breakdown, Like Suicide, FMLYHM and No Jesus Christ.
glad you liked it. that is one of my favorite albums i own. lots of diversity. alot of bands have a sound and change it but most of the time that change leads to a bland, more mainstream sound... but not this cd.. they really changed it up.:biggrin1: