Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
I have noticed this person trawling around the site for months - he/she is a member, not a guest and he/she has not made a single post to date. Strange indeed! Anyone know who this person is? Constantly private messaging as well.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
yea I've noticed the same
also the uploader dude, except he's been banned
still shows up most everyday
I'll never understand humans
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
and your guy just showed up
creating a PM
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
You can almost set your watch to it. Maybe we should dump 'members' who do not make a single contribution to the forum.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Jerome Wrote:You can almost set your watch to it. Maybe we should dump 'members' who do not make a single contribution to the forum.
point taken
will confer with the boss
for anyone who thinks we are just being mean
you're right
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
It's downright creepy!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
in the words of the Sting classic from "dream of the blue turtles" album.....
"after today,after today.....consider me(him/her) gone.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Jerome Wrote:Constantly private messaging as well.
Somebody being publicly silent/passive doesn't bother me but that PM'ing part stops me cold. What are they saying in private that can't be said publicly? Also my feelings are hurt--I haven't gotten even one. What am I, chopped liver? Seriously, some folks declining to participate, just being "readers", isn't a bother--why purge them? Some pro-active reason I hadn't thought of? And if you do so (purge non-posters), please don't take the next logical step of purging those not contributing for many years--some of those posts have value to this researcher. Actually, that ought to be turned around--how about an Admin PM to those folks inviting them back? Or at least asking why they quit? Easy for me to propose tasks for others, isn't it?
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
I disagree - if you join a forum you are supposed to make an active contribution. If he/she wanted to remain invisible they should just log on as a guest.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
I see you are back again - why don't you ever make any posts?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.