Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2015
I just registered this morning. I love music! I can find something to enjoy in a wide variety of genres; mainly rock, pop, jazz, country, reggae and folk music. Most of the music I listen to is from the 1980s and earlier but I like some music from every decade.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Congrats on finding us, the finest music community on the Web. With your wide range of interests, You'll find plenty to intrigue. You are encouraged to post what you know and like--this is very much a 2-way street.
Where are you from? We have contributors on every continent and Admins in the US, the UK and Australia.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2015
Thanks for the welcome! I live in Nashville, Tn where I was born but I've also lived in California and Florida.
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2015
Hiho Hinch. Just testing to see if I can post a URL link. 'Hybrid' by Siouxsie & the Banshees from "Kaleidoscope". It looks like there are a lot of bells and whistles here, emoticons, underlining, italics, spell checking, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrJvZgS3xdY
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2015
Hey Severin,
Good to see you found the forum and my post. It's gonna take me a while to get used to the differences in this and the forums we're used to but so far I like it.
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
A warm welcome to both of you.....
Music Head and myself visited Nashville four years ago....
Visited the Opry and Willie's museum next to the embarrassing Dukes of Hazzard museum....I never liked that tv show but you had to enter to view the Willie museum....
Was a shame Willie's merchandise didn't include "Willie weed".....that would be a big seller/draw card for the place for sure....LMAO
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2015
Thanks!
I'm a big Willie Nelson fan. I've seen him live quite a few times and own many of his albums. I'm also a big fan of artists such as Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Kristofferson, Emmylou Harris, Patsy Cline and Hank Williams.
I'm not a big fan of metal but I love a lot of artists such as Yes, Cheap Trick, Stevie Wonder, The Pretenders, Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp, Iggy Pop, Prince, David Bowie, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, and others. My all-time favorites are The Beatles and John Lennon.
Some other favorites are Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, Bobby Darin, and Bob Marley.
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
Nice list of faces mate....
Yeh, Willie is a firm fave of mine also...
I've seen him twice, with his band in the early 90s and also Highwaymen...
Other faces of mine are, Neil Yoyng, McCartney, Elvis x2(Presley and Costello), Nick Cave, Neil Finn, Fogerty, Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Paul Weller, My Morning Jacket, Foo Fighters, John Cash, Kasey Chambers, Slade, Roy Wood and AC/DC to name a few...
Hank and Hank III also but not a fan of Hank Jnr
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
If you want some brilliant Australian country try Slim Dusty and Kasey Chambers or the couple of bluegrass albums Kasey Chambers made with her husband Shane Nicholson
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2015
I've seen Hank Jr about 15 times. He used to play in Nashville every year on the weekend closest to his birthday. My brother and I went every year. I haven't seen him since the early 1990s.
I like Hank III too. I've never seen him live.
I saw Elvis Presley in 1973. I also saw Elvis Costello several years later. I've seen many concerts in my days.
Unfortunately, Ringo is the only Beatle I've seen live. I saw him in 2000. I saw Julian Lennon in the eighties, and Sean Lennon in the nineties with Lenny Kravitz.
|