Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
August Burns Red - Found In Far Away Places
#1
enters the Billboard chart this week at #9

[Image: 220px-Found_in_Far_Away_Places.jpg]

I'm amazed
this is the #1 album on the Christian charts
wiki says it sold 29000 units in it's first week
just think
there are at least 29000 Christian lunatics running around out there
jazz would put the number much higher

the single:

[video=youtube;vxWnl_aUXB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxWnl_aUXB4[/video]

Reply
#2
There are probably upwards of a million "christian lunatics" in the US including....

The anti-abortion bombers(remember them)
KKK
Christian Cults
The Evangelical Healers......etc etc
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
BTW,no, I don't like the link at hand
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:There are probably upwards of a million "christian lunatics" in the US including....

The anti-abortion bombers(remember them)
KKK
Christian Cults
The Evangelical Healers......etc etc

I am willing to bet there are a hell of a lot more than a million or so. The USA is the home of the 'touch the TV and you will be healed' brigade. There are many things I like about the USA but there is one thing I could never understand and that is how they are so easily led/brainwashed. I imagine television indoctrination has a lot to do with this.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#5
I do agree with you guys of course
I just used the 29000 number................
hellfire, you know why I used it

Reply
#6
OK here comes my ignorance into the spotlight - what's the 29000 number?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#7
Jerome Wrote:OK here comes my ignorance into the spotlight - what's the 29000 number?
it says in the first post
I just related lunatics to people who bought this album

Reply
#8
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:There are probably upwards of a million "christian lunatics" in the US including....

The anti-abortion bombers(remember them)
KKK
Christian Cults
The Evangelical Healers......etc etc

That's a bit OTT--there are any number of sincere Christians who have no truck with the lunatic fringe (and there are lunatic fringes on all sides of the equation). The Christian hard-right he's speaking of (from a distance) have found political ways to extend their message--more insidious and thus vastly more dangerous--see all the "religious exemptions" to following contraception and same-sex marriage rulings.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#9
Jerome Wrote:OK here comes my ignorance into the spotlight - what's the 29000 number?

He forgot to call this phone #: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=925ecJOXkx0
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#10
Jerome Wrote:The USA is the home of the 'touch the TV and you will be healed' brigade

In this time of touch screens and doctor's giving diagnoses and prescribing meds via Skype, the future is now. Those semi-frauds were just in the forefront. :
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/12/health...nosis.html
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: August Burns Red "guardians" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,667 21-04-2020, 12:13
Last Post: Jerome
  NEW ALBUM: August Burns Red - Phantom Anthem Music Head 5 2,860 24-10-2017, 10:46
Last Post: Jerome
  new band i found out devildriver6661 6 3,253 28-09-2011, 19:42
Last Post: bjgeiger

Forum Jump: