Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Glenn Frey, one of the founding members of the Eagles has died in New York at the age of 67. Another one gone. This is turning out to be a rotten year so far.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Damn shame...
Whether you're a fan or not, The Eagles were an iconic band from the 1970s
So, in the last month we've lost one for the metalheads....Lemmy
Plus Bowie and Frey....
Who's next......?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
Damn shame is right! Whatâs happening??? The Eagles only released six studio albums in the seventies, so itâs pretty amazing that 40+ years later, virtually everyone knows who they were. Hotel California is responsible for that, I guess, but they had a couple of other really good albums too.
RIP Glenn Frey - a couple of truisms right here, penned by him and Henley ....
[video=youtube;brRvG7k1WGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRvG7k1WGg[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
I was never a fan, but the sheer professionalism of their live performance on the live Hell Freezes Over dvd is almost beyond compare IMO
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Saw them live in Birmingham - and they were perfect. And I mean PERFECT. One of the most professional concerts I have ever seen.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
I've never been to Birmingham but I know a few people from there...
The ones I know are very laid back and softly spoken like the Geordies from Newcastle,
But like the Geordies, they sure know how to guzzle down the beer!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
a lot of civil rights stuff took place in Birmingham
Posts: 893
Threads: 38
Joined: Jun 2012
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Who's next......?
Hopefully no one for a good long time.
God bless you always!!!
Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
How did I know MH would post something about 'the other' Birmingham???
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Who's next......?
Maurice White--one of the seminal shapers and players of Black music from the '70's on. The NYT had a nice retrospective by one of their best writers, putting you right in the picture:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/arts/m...paths.html RIP, Bro Mo.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR