Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
So, what do you think about the new Quee... I mean Muse album?
#1
So, now you all had time to chew on the new Muse album. Personally I think it's great. Matthew Bellamy reminds so much of Freddy Mercury, and the new style makes me think Queen.
Well, I think it's great!

What do you think?
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page
Reply
#2
On my list Frederick, but haven't got around to it yet.

Reply
#3
I won't listen to this. I refuse.
Reply
#4
Iota Wrote:I won't listen to this. I refuse.


Why not? It's really great!
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page
Reply
#5
Music Head Wrote:On my list Frederick, but haven't got around to it yet.


Well, you've got something ahead of you. After having gone through the album a couple of times I must say I like it more and more...
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page
Reply
#6
Personally, not a big fan of Muse. And how dare you relate them to Queen?!

Muse, seemed to me first time I heard them like a fusion of alternative metal and something but they would clearly have those influences. They always seemed to me to be essentially pop music and I find it hard to listen to them, partly because they tend to use several strange and unheard artificial effects.

Say what you will, but i didnt like it.
Reply
#7
This is what makes music so interesting

The strong opinions pro and con

It all comes down to personal taste

Reply
#8
jwee5467 Wrote:Personally, not a big fan of Muse. And how dare you relate them to Queen?!

Muse, seemed to me first time I heard them like a fusion of alternative metal and something but they would clearly have those influences. They always seemed to me to be essentially pop music and I find it hard to listen to them, partly because they tend to use several strange and unheard artificial effects.

Say what you will, but i didnt like it.

Well yeah, it's alternative. Yeah, it's progressive... I didn't like them from the start - I'm much more 'traditional' in my taste. I'm devoted Queen-fan, and I would never dream of comparing anyone to Queen if there wasn't any reason in it. But on this new album there really is. The track "United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage)" is an ODE to Bohemian Rhapsody, the curly guitar lead of curly guitarman Brian May goes again on nearly every track - etc etc!

Muse requires listening, and yes they use effects - but how much Muse have you heard? I won't challenge you if your absolutely KNOW that you wont EVER like them, but I CAN give you some directions in which ways you may try to listen to Muse, or help you find some tracks thats not as alternative...

Smile

Take a look at this video, and tell me that there arent any parts you like, and at least ONE point that gives you goosebumbs... Big Grin

YouTube - Knights Of Cydonia: Live At Wembley Stadium 2007 (mind yourself this is not from the new album!)
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page
Reply
#9
I think their vocalist/guitarist's ideas as far as customizing his guitars are interesting... Aside from that, I think they're pretty much a waste of compact discs and hard drive space.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#10
Man, there's some nonsense being written here.

Muse are quality bombast !!

It does sound like Queen !!

If you don't like bombast, listen to something else !!

I heard it last night for the first time. Good enough to put on my Buy List. In fact I'll get two copies, one for me & one for Iota :pound:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Roger Taylor - "violence insane in a beautiful world" CRAZY-HORSE 1 200 19-09-2026, 00:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Keb' Mo' - "the breakdown" CRAZY-HORSE 0 209 29-08-2026, 01:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Role Model - Chuck Timely & The Hourglass Music Head 0 208 22-08-2026, 11:27
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Jack White - "frozen charlotte" CRAZY-HORSE 1 448 25-07-2026, 11:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Rolling Stones - "foreign tongues" CRAZY-HORSE 5 872 23-07-2026, 12:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Pretty Reckless - Dear God Music Head 0 245 14-07-2026, 12:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Red Clay Strays - Grateful Music Head 2 538 13-07-2026, 08:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Green Desert Trees - "fighting dragons" CRAZY-HORSE 0 366 09-07-2026, 04:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Angine De Poitrine - "volume 2" CRAZY-HORSE 0 402 20-06-2026, 01:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Shinedown - EI8HT Music Head 1 615 12-06-2026, 11:53
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: