Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
RIP Keith Emerson - an innovator and a legend, gone
#1
Oh crap – I don’t know what to say. Keith Emerson has died. How very awful. RIP to an amazing musician … I’m so sad … thank you for the incredible music.

The first thing I think of with his name on it – what a loss ...

[video=youtube;0IIKrbVy4w8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIKrbVy4w8[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#2
I was never a fan of ELP but they were held in high regard in the industry,
and its always sad to see influential and respected musicians pass over...
its actually sad when anyone passes, but you know what I mean...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
Of all the musicians who have passed away in the last few years here is one I am really going to miss. A great loss to the world of music.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#4
So sad. In the last year we have lost so many great musicians from the 60's and 70's.
Reply
#5
[video=youtube;37e6_hdVonk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37e6_hdVonk[/video]
Reply
#6
my tribute

[video=youtube;89g1P_J40JA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA[/video]

Reply
#7
didn't know it was a damn suicide
sorry
I withdraw my tribute

Reply
#8
Rest peacefully Keith! So happy to see the Piano Concerto from Works posted here Ruby! A fabulous piece of music! The rock and jazz world is full of classical musicians...Keith proved it!
Ruby Wrote:Oh crap – I don’t know what to say. Keith Emerson has died. How very awful. RIP to an amazing musician … I’m so sad … thank you for the incredible music.

The first thing I think of with his name on it – what a loss ...

[video=youtube;0IIKrbVy4w8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIKrbVy4w8[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#9
Rest peacefully brother Keith! Happy that you posted Piano Concerto from the Works album Ruby! I think the rock and jazz world in particular is saturated with very good classical music musicians! ...but there really isn't much money in the genre for the most part! Keith proved that! ELP were interesting and different...Carl Palmer is one of my favourite drummers along with Keith! Lake was ok but Keith and Carl were amazing!

I am wondering if Keith had a terminal disease? May be the reason why he committed suicide. Our government is pondering over the idea of doctor assisted suicide whereby the patient is aware of their surroundings and has all of their faculties. I have heard a few documentaries on the subject and the poor souls have constant unbearable pain with no medication strong enough to dull the pain! Also their quality of life is unbearable!

http://eol.law.dal.ca/?page_id=236
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#10
autopsy said he suffered from depression and heart disease
still trying to figure out how an autopsy can verify depression but whatever
I guess they asked the corpse if it was depressed

Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Mike Tyson- boxing legend sing-a-long 1 1,241 21-11-2023, 12:50
Last Post: Music Head
  Another legend has left - au revoir Leonard Cohen, R.I.P. Ruby 9 3,238 17-11-2016, 13:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Keith Richards on metal and rap... CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,298 24-09-2015, 14:11
Last Post: JJ24
  Bruno Mars - John Legend mix of old school (new artist) MusicGal27 0 1,337 26-07-2013, 23:02
Last Post: MusicGal27

Forum Jump: