Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
PJ Harvey "the hope six demolition project"
#1
[Image: 220px-The_Hope_Six_Demolition_Project_%2...r%29.  png]

PJ Harvey "the hope six demolition project"

online Spotify listen:

a concept album of sorts from Harvey...
centres around the "Hope VI" housing redevelopment projects
in the US whereby the knock down blocks in the rundown parts of
town and new buildings are erected, often to the detriment of those
who previously lived there because the rents are now out of their reach...
well, that's the crux of the album...

im generally not a fan of Harvey, I do own "let England shake" though.
this album is okay on a first listen and I believe it will grow on me with a
couple more listens, so i'll say I like this album or now.

from the album (the second single/lead of album track)

[video=youtube;qsLqsqbObyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsLqsqbObyg[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #63

reminds of Patti Smith when I see her
album is a border line for me

first single

[video=youtube;7ReW0jJkag8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ReW0jJkag8[/video]

Reply
#3
I gave it another Spotify listen...it gets better mate, its now on the list to purchase!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Mt. Joy - Hope We Have Fun Music Head 1 875 14-06-2025, 00:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: PJ Harvey - I Inside The Old Year Dying Music Head 0 681 07-01-2024, 13:15
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: PJ Harvey - a child's question, august CRAZY-HORSE 0 684 28-04-2023, 11:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: NF - Hope Music Head 2 1,499 01-03-2023, 12:57
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Nessa Barrett - I Hope Ur Miserable until Ur Dead Music Head 0 685 25-08-2021, 11:34
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Blue October - I Hope You're Happy Music Head 1 1,517 02-09-2018, 12:45
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Phil Wickham - Living Hope Music Head 1 1,657 20-08-2018, 14:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Florence & The Machine "high as hope" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,847 13-07-2018, 11:31
Last Post: Music Head
  The Decline of the Western World --New project-- please help me classify my music! iosu 1 1,212 15-08-2016, 03:22
Last Post: Jerome
  Strumbellas - Hope Music Head 1 1,502 05-05-2016, 21:36
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: