Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
So Underrated!!
#1
What are some songs down through the years that you feel should've been hits, but the record buying public didn't?...Never Could You Be-The Impressions...I'm Still Waiting-Patti LaBelle And The Blue-belles...I'm Not In Love-Dee Dee Sharp...No Fair Falling In Love-Jerry Butler...Without A Doubt-Major Lance...Looky Looky-The O'Jays.
Reply
#2
I can't say whether any of those songs are under-rated because I have never heard any of them Big Grin

Frankly, most of the songs I own on record were never real hits, so I could just about answer your question by listing most of the songs on albums that I own.

To give just one example though: Bob Lind recorded two albums in 1966, and nearly every song on those albums is magnificent, yet he only ever had the one hit: Elusive Butterfly. Here's one that wasn't a hit and bloody well should have been:

[video=youtube;uBBISUdpeT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBISUdpeT0[/video]
Reply
#3
To me, everything from my newest favorite is under rated, I love the late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal SO much!!!

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 4,003 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  Pick an album you feel is overrated and underrated from the last 5 decades mtthwibrahim 34 10,857 16-09-2011, 18:09
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: