25-10-2016, 19:05
Hello Music Discussion community! My name is Mike, and I'm a 38 year old guitarist living in Northern Colorado. I love all kinds of music, but I guess you could say I'm a throwback to the sounds of yesteryear. I love to play funk/jazz/blues fusion kind of stuff, but I'm also getting more into folk and americana. Love the classic rock, motown and soul/funk sound from the 70's, and the hard rock/grunge movement in the 90's. I don't find much of worth in today's pop-culture music scene, but love discovering new artists with hybrid sounds in the "underground" and jam-band scenes. Some of my favorite bands/artists are Phish, Umphrey's McGee, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Greyboy Allstar's, Medeski Martin & Wood, John Scofield, Sarah Jarosz, moe., AWB, Led Zeppelin, Lettuce...just to name a few. As a musician, I've been playing guitar for about 20 years. Right now I'm working on my solo-performance skills, mainly singing. So I'm looking forward to posting some tracks and getting some constructive criticism, but also joining in other great discussions. Nice to meet y'all!
Mike
Mike

