Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Finished My First Demo and I'd Appreciate If You Listened
Hey Everyone,

You can check me out on SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/dylanbriscall

A quick bio from my website:

Dylan has loved music for as long as he can remember largely in part because of his father who passed away in 2009. He is a major inspiration for why Dylan writes and performs music. Dylan has been writing music for only 4 years and this EP – Early Mornings, Late Nights, and Long Roads is his first ever venture into studio recording. You can usually catch Dylan moving between venue to venue on the Open Mic scene in the GTA area.
According to an assessment on Dylan’s work by the Songwriters Association of Canada (SAC), “The Lyrics are quite poetic, with some lovely beautiful stuff, like ‘…what I figured out before water could land on the seed of doubt’ and the imagery of the Phoenix, your [Dylan] choice of words—and the wonderful sense of rhythm with kiss/bond/blood/veins—words in powerful spots.” Thus, giving Dylan a very high overall rating in in his assessment by SAC.
All the songs on Early Mornings, Late Nights, and Long Roads were written and composed by Dylan and were produced by Joel Kazmi--who’s worked with artists like The Tea Party, Rush, N’sync, Sum 41, and Anne Murray. The demo was released on June 8th, 2016 independently by Dylan and has already amassed him a strong following on SoundCloud and Social Media.
Interesting features on the demo include Joel Kazmi’s 1960’s Fender Telecaster played by Dylan along with a gigantic upright acoustic base on “Love Like You”--four acoustic guitar layers, a fretless bass, and a subtle string quartet on “Constellations”, --and a extremely melodic piano riff with an acoustic/electric guitar combination for “Someone Worth Loving.”
When asked about music Dylan is quoted as saying, "I love music, not just music itself but the entirety of the culture of music, the good and the bad of the industry, and what it means to be able to connect with something as intangible as sound. I write music because I know the immense impact that it has had on my life and I want to be able to provide people with even a fraction of that nourishment for their soul.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Finished My Demo And I'm Pretty Happy Of The Way It Turned Out dylanb 0 723 17-09-2016, 20:40
Last Post: dylanb
  I Finished My Demo And I'm Happy Of The Way It Turned Out dylanb 1 737 12-09-2016, 17:12
Last Post: Inna Selez
  My First Song On The Radio. I'd Appreciate If Someone Listened dylanb 0 617 19-07-2016, 15:48
Last Post: dylanb
  Eminem new stolen demo song released? sam1234 2 829 17-02-2015, 16:10
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  New genre!?!? DEMO, trance + goa + dubstep= Tragoastep, 140bpm, registered on making Ludovico Zanichelli 3 824 06-07-2013, 07:59
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  check out our demo done for feedback.. JonKrasowski 0 838 22-12-2012, 22:58
Last Post: JonKrasowski
  What's your most listened soundtrack?. coykiesaol 11 1,992 13-11-2010, 08:35
Last Post: Jerome