Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Decemberists "i'l be your girl"
#1
[Image: 220px-Cover_of_%22I%27ll_Be_Your_Girl%22.jpg]

DECEMBERISTS  "i'll be your girl"

Spotify listen:

Oregon alt rock band....
eighth studio set...
i could have sworn i owned a couple but i cannot find them??
album starts off almost acoustically...
some electronic pop on this also mixed with their instruments...
album has already hit the top 10 in England and Scotland...
everywhere else sucks IMO...
nothing great but nothing bad neither, a good album:

the lead off single and my favourite track:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
Definitely not their best. The electronic pop is uncharacteristic for them and the part I like the least on this release
Reply
#3
^Agreed. Synthpop doesn’t suit them at all – hopefully a shortlived experimental dabble! I listened last week but am a bit behind myself. Rolleyes  
 
Not what I would have expected from the band – they’re better than this, I think. Last year’s collaboration with Olivia Cheney as Offa Rex and the resultant Queen of Hearts is a completely different kettle of fish - I quite like What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World and The King is Dead too.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#4
I wish R_Burke would post more

Reply
#5
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #9

courtesy of Spotify

nice change for me since it's alt
not up to The King Is Dead
but it passes

single




Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 50 01-10-2026, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 155 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 135 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 108 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 207 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 230 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 339 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 243 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 268 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: