Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Leona Lewis
#1
I'm sure im not the first to say it but I think Leona Lewis is a sorry excuse for a music artist.

People argue to me she's a good singer in my opinion she isn't.

Also bleeding Love is the most annoying song I have ever heard in my whole life it's just constantly keep bleeding over and over again.
Also Leona Lewis's "run" snow patrol released this song and never got near as much credit for it but because Leona released it then OMG it's the best song ever.

Also she covered Avril Lavigne's I will be and again runied it

she is a terrible artist an annoying singer and the sooner she disappears the better
Reply
#2
Interesting... She has got a big pitch range and can hit some of those high notes.

I actually like her, and her music (although she didn't make it). I am interested to hear other comments from members.
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#3
ambernector Wrote:Interesting... She has got a big pitch range and can hit some of those high notes.

I actually like her, and her music (although she didn't make it). I am interested to hear other comments from members.


i must admit, until a few days ago, i thought she and alexandra burke were the same person ( in my defence i do not watch tv at all really so X factor passes me by)
we can conquer this great divide-hanson
Reply
#4
Predatorviper Wrote:I'm sure im not the first to say it but I think Leona Lewis is a sorry excuse for a music artist.

I have to disagree. Her record sales speak volume for her own popularity better than any attempt I can give to try and persuade you to think any different.
Reply
#5
she really can sing but I haven't heart anything by her that I haven't found as dull as ditchwater
Reply
#6
ambernector Wrote:Interesting... She has got a big pitch range and can hit some of those high notes.

The only thing big about Leona Lewis is her nose.
Reply
#7
CMB1888 Wrote:she really can sing but I haven't heart anything by her that I haven't found as dull as ditchwater

Actually I am not too surprised by some of the comments on here about her. Perhaps if she wasn't discovered and actually went through the high and lows that an artist can go through to reach fame, then maybe that will bring out a different and more 'real' feeling about her work. I hear the term 'Manufactured' referred to artists that win and succeed in these talent competitions such as X Factor.

By the way, my American counterparts. Simon Cowell has announced that he plans to bring the X Factor format to the USA. Bet your all jumping at joy with that thought. :laugh:
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#8
ambernector Wrote:Actually I am not too surprised by some of the comments on here about her. Perhaps if she wasn't discovered and actually went through the high and lows that an artist can go through to reach fame, then maybe that will bring out a different and more 'real' feeling about her work. I hear the term 'Manufactured' referred to artists that win and succeed in these talent competitions such as X Factor.

By the way, my American counterparts. Simon Cowell has announced that he plans to bring the X Factor format to the USA. Bet your all jumping at joy with that thought. :laugh:
I am one of the few who actually like Simon. He is the only one that is honest on American Idol. Brutal but honest and I usually agree with his assessment. As far as the X Factor format. I don't know what it is.

Reply
#9
Sorry, back to the thread topic, although I'm still waiting for the X-Factor format.:biggrin:

Leona Lewis - Had not listened to her before, but once again MD has exposed me to new music. Was doing my Monday morning channel surfing. Stopped at VH1 when I came across a song called Happy. Keeping in mind, I despise most videos (Video Killed The Radio Star), unless it's just the artist performing, this was just standard pop fare, catchy enough for the masses. That's not a knock. The song was ok. Not something I would buy. I hate all that modal/falsetto crap with the voice, where they feel they have to hit every note there is within their 3 minute time allowed. Based on that 1 song, I have to side with the nay sayers.

Reply
#10
I kind of liked Bleeding Love.

But she's not really my kind of artist - and I agree with Music Head about that annoying singing style of trying to hit lots of different notes in quick succession. It annoys me enough when Mariah Carey does that - why do all these X factor contestants have to copy such an annoying style of singing?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: Lewis Capaldi - "stay love" CRAZY-HORSE 0 411 30-05-2026, 13:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Lewis Capaldi - wish you the best CRAZY-HORSE 0 726 22-04-2023, 04:23
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Lewis Capaldi "forget me" CRAZY-HORSE 1 905 16-10-2022, 11:49
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Dean Lewis "how do i say goodbye" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,351 18-09-2022, 10:27
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Jenny Lewis "red bull & hennessey" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,401 05-04-2019, 02:37
Last Post: SteveO
  Pitbull ft. Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight Music Head 0 1,025 07-11-2016, 11:24
Last Post: Music Head
  Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Downtown Music Head 0 1,152 03-09-2015, 10:50
Last Post: Music Head
  LunchMoney Lewis - Bills Music Head 11 5,162 22-03-2015, 13:09
Last Post: Music Head
  LUNCHMONEY LEWIS "bills" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,385 01-03-2015, 17:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Leona Lewis News Music Head 0 1,432 08-02-2010, 14:18
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: